DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you fly?

Capt.Jim

Reactions
Do you guys/gals leave the protective bubble for the camera ON or OFF while flying?
Or do you use it or not under certain conditions?

Do you guys/gals leave the protective bubble for the camera ON or OFF while flying?
Or do you use it or not under certain conditions?

You should remove that bubble. It is not meant to be on I flight. Not to mention the clarity of the plastic is so poor it will not look great and distort your image.

Reactions: fleurdelisxliv
Thanks...
Because I saw some videos on Youtube where people left that piece ON made me wonder if I am doing something risking the safety of the camera?

Thanks...
Because I saw some videos on Youtube where people left that piece ON made me wonder if I am doing something risking the safety of the camera?

I’ve flown it once with it on and the footage was terrible. Sunlight reflecting and spoils the recording. Best keeping it off.

Agreed. I flew with it first flight and reflections were terrible - just use it for protection in transport - useless for video or photography.

Thanks...

Yeah for some reason some people thought it was a good idea. I think the clarity / clear bubble itself implied it. Basically a poor design. It should have been black and then no one would have thought that.

Can’t fault you for wondering.

Good to check...

Yeah for some reason some people thought it was a good idea. I think the clarity / clear bubble itself implied it. Basically a poor design. It should have been black and then no one would have thought that.

Can’t fault you for wondering.

Good to check...

I bought a gimbal clamp and protective bubble combined, from eBay. Superb quality and only a couple of British pounds. It means that I never forget to take the gimbal clamp off when I remove the bubble. And no more fiddling about with fingers behind the gimbal trying to remove the silly plastic clamp and risking damaging the gimbal

The idea was "leave it on if you don't care about footage but intend to rip it full speed in sport mode between trees, might save you on the crash you're about to do"...

I am not taking it off until i master all the controls and start shooting for real with my drone.

As per the previous answer. Don’t leave it on, it covers the air intake for the cooling fan. It might not be apparent for first few flights, or even 20 or 30 flights. But as the components heat up on the circuitry inside, they expand, and then contract as they cool down after flight. Different components expand at different rates, this could possibly lead to a soldered joint becoming loose with catastrophic results. There’s a reason why it has a cooling fan and intakes, and a reason why DJI tell you to remove the cover.
If you want to protect your gimbal from stones, or debris during take off or landing, try one of those folding landing pads, it will also help the precision RTH feature to be more accurate.

As per the previous answer. Don’t leave it on, it covers the air intake for the cooling fan. It might not be apparent for first few flights, or even 20 or 30 flights. But as the components heat up on the circuitry inside, they expand, and then contract as they cool down after flight. Different components expand at different rates, this could possibly lead to a soldered joint becoming loose with catastrophic results. There’s a reason why it has a cooling fan and intakes, and a reason why DJI tell you to remove the cover.
If you want to protect your gimbal from stones, or debris during take off or landing, try one of those folding landing pads, it will also help the precision RTH feature to be more accurate.
Ohhh i havent thought of it. Thanks for another great advice Thumbswayup

DJI should have not made it out of clear plastic, then this would not be a question.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fastdove