DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you get the globe shot?

abridge

Reactions
Recently went on vacation with my Air. Set up the panoramic mode to shoot the "globe" option. Look in my phone after it finished taking the 20 something photos, and it did not turn it into a globe. ALSO, the pics were on my SD card but not my phone itself so I was unable to see the pics until I got back to my computer and had to stitch them together (not as a globe).

My friend had no issue doing this with his spark and even showed me the globe shot in his phone. What is being done incorrectly here?

It is possible that your SD card is too slow. To find out, simply set your primary storage to "internal" instead of the SD card.

Not certain about finding the file with your device...I simply remove the SD card when I get home and transfer all files to my laptop. I can view them one at a time till I find the asteroid video. It will be all stitched together and complete. The file name is not special or anything, it's simply the next number/consecutively like all the other videos.

Reactions: HVYMTL
I am finding that after the shots are taken, I need to open the the pic from within the go4 app, then when I click on it, the shot is processed. After this I am able to pull the finished product from the card to my pc.

I’m using Crystal sky

Reactions: Kilrah
It is possible that your SD card is too slow. To find out, simply set your primary storage to "internal" instead of the SD card.

Not certain about finding the file with your device...I simply remove the SD card when I get home and transfer all files to my laptop. I can view them one at a time till I find the asteroid video. It will be all stitched together and complete. The file name is not special or anything, it's simply the next number/consecutively like all the other videos.
Definitely not too slow. I'm able to record at 4k 100mbps.

I am finding that after the shots are taken, I need to open the the pic from within the go4 app, then when I click on it, the shot is processed. After this I am able to pull the finished product from the card to my pc.

I’m using Crystal sky
That's the thing. The pic didn't appear in my app both times I took it. It only appeared in unstitched form in my SD card.

Again, regardless of the SD card...you can eliminate the card as a potential issue by selecting "internal storage" as primary. It is a simple non-evasive systems check. I am only trying to help "troubleshoot". The card may be capable of recording 4k video but incapable of working with the speed of the processor to stitch the image together. I make no claim to understanding the interoperability between SD cards and processing power.

This is only one systems check. After that (pending the internal storage did not help) I would go after a complete reset/reload of all firmware via DJI Assistant (cable directly from your computer to the drone). Fully charge all batteries, and delete the application/s from your phone/tablet and reload. Perform a complete sequence of cycling on and off the devices after loading firmware. To turn on (1st remote controller, 2nd the drone, 3rd the application on your viewing device). Reverse the order for turning off. Do this always, when dealing with firmware updates.

Thinking out loud here...Beyond that, I would reset all system settings to "default". Calibrate the IMU, compass and gimble. These are all troubleshooting measures I would try before submitting myself to a customer care representative. Not that I have anything against customer care but it is a serious time loss if it can be avoided and resolved with a few simple steps.

If you do not care to try these things perhaps calling DJI is your best option.

Again, regardless of the SD card...you can eliminate the card as a potential issue by selecting "internal storage" as primary. It is a simple non-evasive systems check. I am only trying to help "troubleshoot". The card may be capable of recording 4k video but incapable of working with the speed of the processor to stitch the image together. I make no claim to understanding the interoperability between SD cards and processing power.

This is only one systems check. After that (pending the internal storage did not help) I would go after a complete reset/reload of all firmware via DJI Assistant (cable directly from your computer to the drone). Fully charge all batteries, and delete the application/s from your phone/tablet and reload. Perform a complete sequence of cycling on and off the devices after loading firmware. To turn on (1st remote controller, 2nd the drone, 3rd the application on your viewing device). Reverse the order for turning off. Do this always, when dealing with firmware updates.

Thinking out loud here...Beyond that, I would reset all system settings to "default". Calibrate the IMU, compass and gimble. These are all troubleshooting measures I would try before submitting myself to a customer care representative. Not that I have anything against customer care but it is a serious time loss if it can be avoided and resolved with a few simple steps.

If you do not care to try these things perhaps calling DJI is your best option.

Internal storage is the primary. it is the first thing I changed when I received the air.
my SD card is:
Lexar microSDXC 633x 64GB UHS-I Card

I will just try to take the pic again and see.

Internal storage is the primary. it is the first thing I changed when I received the air.
my SD card is:
Lexar microSDXC 633x 64GB UHS-I Card

I will just try to take the pic again and see.
All Mavic Air UAV's were set to have the internal storage as primary from the factory. If this is the first thing you "changed", you changed it from using internal storage to SD card (removable storage). You should verify you are using the internal 8 gigabytes or simply remove the SD card.

All Mavic Air UAV's were set to have the internal storage as primary from the factory. If this is the first thing you "changed", you changed it from using internal storage to SD card (removable storage). You should verify you are using the internal 8 gigabytes or simply remove the SD card.

I know that. When I received it I turned it on without putting in my SD card. Once i put my SD card in the drone I went into options and changed the default to my external SD card from the internal 8gb.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reejhman singh