DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you know if your drone is a CE model or an FCC one.

Have a look at the product label in the battery compartment. The label will clearly display the CE logo, or the FCC logo - but never both!
Edit: I stand corrected sorry.

Last edited:
The Mavic Air 2 does not have a CE and FCC model. The hardware is the same, and it changes power based upon GPS positioning.

Today, there is an Airsense model sold in North America and a non Airsense model sold everywhere else, but that does not have anything to do with FCC vs CE

And the labels have CE marks and an FCC id.

The part numbers are different
MA2 US version : MA2UE3W
MA2 EU version : MA2UE1N

The hardware differences are listed in the FCC report:

Declaration of EUT Family Grouping: Model No.: MA2UE1N, MA2UE3W
Only the model MA2UE3W was tested, since the electrical circuit design, layout, components used, internal wiring and functions were identical for the above models, the only difference is: there are extraADS-B RF circuit and antenna on the MA2UE3W, and no this circuit on the MA2UE1N. The ESC Solution (ESC PCBA) is different between these two models, a magnetically permeable sheet is added on the plastic upper shell of MA2UE1N but no magnetically permeable sheet on the MA2UE3W.

Reactions: Mr Shamrok
I wonder what the magnetically permeable sheet for the ESC solution does?

The Mavic Air 2 does not have a CE and FCC model. The hardware is the same, and it changes power based upon GPS positioning.

Today, there is an Airsense model sold in North America and a non Airsense model sold everywhere else, but that does not have anything to do with FCC vs CE

And the labels have CE marks and an FCC id.
I live in the Middle East and just picked up the MA2. The version we get here is also the North American version with ADS-B

Reactions: z28lt1
I ordered from advanced media, I really hope it's fcc version. Other stores I asked in Dubai they said it's European version.
I specifically asked them and it’s even marked on the box and in the drone. However, strangely, the option isn’t available to turn it on and off like i see in the reviews and there is no reference to it on the app.
Either ways, if you are a law abiding resident like me, this wont matter at all as we cannot fly anywhere that might be of concern and cannot exceed 400ft AGL and 200ft VLOS. You can pretty much fly only in the desert for all practical reasons.

Im getting mine tomorrow. If there is any chance can u send a Pic of your box from outside just so I can know what to compare it to when I pick it up. Because I also want the adsb version

I ordered from advanced media, I really hope it's fcc version. Other stores I asked in Dubai they said it's European version.

FCC version will fly in CE mode in CE regions. I had Mavic air one and it switches to CE mode outside the US.

Im getting mine tomorrow. If there is any chance can u send a Pic of your box from outside just so I can know what to compare it to when I pick it up. Because I also want the adsb version
The box should mention (NA)ADS-B. NA refers to North America and not Not Available. Also check the model code, it should end with 3W.

I got the Drone like u said it says na version, I saw the American boxes and they say us&ca ADS-B I really do hope it's fcc the ones that we have here.
Makes no difference if you fly in a CE designated country - it will just switch to CE, even it was purchased in a FCC regulated country

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming