DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you protect your drone from damage?

Former Member

Reactions
As most of you know, I have repaired thousands of drones. I always advise people to protect their drones before they even take the first flight. How do you protect your drone? Some of my suggestions are:
  1. State Farm PAP insurance
  2. Prop guards
  3. Beginner mode
  4. Dont turn off the sensors
What do you do to lessen the chance of damage to your drone?

Reactions: JuanDrone
Insurance doesn't protect drone from damage, but it does protect the wallet.
I made sleeves for the props when storing in the carry bag. Make sure gimbal cover is on when not flying. Don't fly too close or too fast to objects. Skin to reduce scratches.

I expect my first attempt will be without propellers. Getting to know the controller, fly slowly and being aware of the drone and the environment before I add the propellers and go for my first flight.

... I hope that somebody comes up with some sort of impact vest for the drone! :)

Sorry Rob, just teasing you. To be honest, I am pretty cautious when flying, and tend to stay away from obstacles mostly.

Reactions: Former Member
the problem is every time we put our UAVs up in the air we are subjecting them to increased risk,that is true of anything that flies,there are lots of things we can do to minimise those risks,but if something should go wrong ,then nine times out of ten there is only one outcome gravity, no matter what we do we always need to be aware of the possibility,that one day we will need thunderdrones services,i always fly with that thought in mind, and never forget that when i am flying .it can happen to you no matter how good you think you are thats the definition of an accident (an unplanned event or happening)

Little. I don't use prop guards, I sometime turn off the sensors. BUT: I always fly cautious, I check the hardware and my environment every time before I start. And I try avoid silly risks. So far so good.

i guess its called risk management,just another facet of flying UAVs there is certainly a lot more to this hobby than meets the eye,but it is great fun

Little. I don't use prop guards, I sometime turn off the sensors. BUT: I always fly cautious, I check the hardware and my environment every time before I start. And I try avoid silly risks. So far so good.
What he said, except I always fly with my forward sensors off. I was getting too many false detections caused by low or reflected sunlight. It also allows more speed without the over-sensitive sticks that sport mode gets you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d