DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you record the DJI app while flying?

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Hi,

New here. Just ordered the MP Fly More kit. Not sure when it will materialize. I had ordered a Phantom 4 Pro and a range of stuff (more batts, props...) and then tooling around I discovered the MP. ! Not everything the P4 is (camera wise) but close enough and for the rest, the MP looks like a smoking hot machine. So canned the P4 and ordered the MP even though I'll have to wait a bit.

In the meantime vicariously enjoying it via the many good (and not so good) YouTube videos.

Q1: One thing I definitely want to do is record the control/displays/status on the iPhone screen as we see in many of these YT vids in order to review after the flights. Is that native to the DJI app? I don't see that mentioned. Or is that what is recorded with the record button in the DJI app?

Q2: The MP FM kit comes with a 16 GB SD - how much video time is that at various recording rates?

Q3a: Where I live the woods are pretty dense. If I fly legally (300 ft in Canada) and lose sight of the MP - what sort of range should I expect before loss of video or loss of control? For me 1 km will be ample most of the time. (I expect if the MP loses the control signals that the MP will "fly home").

Q3b: has anyone had a loss of control signal event and a complete automatic return to home?

Q4a: One or 2 of the videos I saw suggests that the MP has a fan pulling in cooling air just behind the gimbal? Is that so? If so I'm going to make a 1 m diameter rigid "landing pad" to take into the field to reduce dust ingestion.

Q4b: In the case that there is a fan, is it easy to open up the MP from time to time to clean out dust? The only "teardown" video I saw shows a lot of thermal paste...

Q5: has anyone had a catastrophic failure in flight. eg: just dies and obeys the laws of physics?

Thanks,
AB.

Reactions: ceirsik
Hello and Welcome! Congrats on the new drone order! I don't have time to look but I think will find the answers to most of your questions within the other threads. I believe almost all of you questions have been topics. You can also use the search feature for key words.

There are a few apps that will record your phone/tablet screen while you are flying. With these apps you will actually see what YOU see on your screen when you are recording. Otherwise when you playback you will only see what the Mavic sees. ( no DJI Go screen readings/indicators). MOBIZEN is 1 of these apps that a few guys here use.

There are a few apps that will record your phone/tablet screen while you are flying. With these apps you will actually see what YOU see on your screen when you are recording. Otherwise when you playback you will only see what the Mavic sees. ( no DJI Go screen readings/indicators). MOBIZEN is 1 of these apps that a few guys here use.

Thanks!

Hi
Hi I know This might be a stupid question but the vid app mobizen do you press record then go into dji go 4 app and just fly as normal ? And does this show all instruments panel or just vid ?? Cheers :))

For Q2 it depends on how you record.... 720, 1080, 2k, 4K..... but buy another one directly and keep it with you in case of.... and once fly is finish, you can register the video and pictures, and then Format SD card !

You can also amend the setting of the cache to have a bigger one (2gb by default and can put 16)

is there another app for iOS ?thks

Last edited:
Hi

Hi I know This might be a stupid question but the vid app mobizen do you press record then go into dji go 4 app and just fly as normal ? And does this show all instruments panel or just vid ?? Cheers :))

You open up the MOBIZEN app and hit record. Then even if you don't hit RECORD in DJI go4, it is still recording your screen. And YES, it shows everything you see on your screen. So if your the app crashed you would see that in your recording and would see it go to your home screen on your tablet/phone

You open up the MOBIZEN app and hit record. Then even if you don't hit RECORD in DJI go4, it is still recording your screen. And YES, it shows everything you see on your screen. So if your the app crashed you would see that in your recording and would see it go to your home screen on your tablet/phone

Hi cheers for quick reply if weathers ok tomorrow will go see if I can sort and check it out see what it's like :)) thanks

I have only used it a couple times. One was a short vid that I could send to my brother so he could see what was showing on the controller.

here is the vid.

I did get some pixellation. I don't recall if I had it on my smartphone screen or not. Anyways, you get the picture.

As far as i know, IOS11 is going to have a native screen recording option.
I have iOS11 beta on my iPad Mini 4 and it has screen recording built-in (no sound, though). You must enable this feature in the iOS 11 Settings.

For Android on my Galaxy 7 Edge I was very happy with AZ Screen Recorder.

Reactions: frankiez
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser