DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do you update the batteries

Mavic-Max

Reactions
How do you update the batteries. Is it done at the same time when the Air 2 is updated. I’ve never seen it ask to update 1 or all three batteries.

With the drone powered on, and the controller linked, check for firmware update. If you have a battery update available, you'll need to repeat the process with each battery in turn to make sure they're updated as well.

I've had this happen twice - once when I first got the MA2 to get it to "current," then again when they released an update.

It *can* if you have it set up to do that. I don't remember if that's the default, but I disabled auto-updates so I can limit them to when I'm not in the middle of something.

Checked and it says all up to date. Does the Air 2 auto update because I’m on the most recent firmware and I didn’t load it myself.

When did you get your drone? Perhaps it came from the factory with the latest firmware.

You can also use DJI Assistant with the drone connected to your computer. You would need to do this for each battery.

I received the message in the Fly app about my battery needing to be updated but only for one battery so I check in DJI Assistant and that's when I was able to update my other two.

Look on the box for the build date as it is most prob early this year. My second MA2 was built in 04/20 and I had to repeat the battery update as well as the firmware on the drone itslf.

Make sure you actually want the changes the battery FW update makes! Flying without updating them won't cause any harm. A recent M2 battery update made changes that are taking away battery setting features previously available to M2 owners.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerCyclist