DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How "enforced" are these regulations?

as a frequent visitor to state and national parks, I wholeheartedly support the drone ban. I'd hate to think what the NP experience would be like with drones buzzing overhead! There are still plenty of great places to fly in most parts of the country.

I'm in wantage nj. Right near High Point state park, I'm on the cusp of buying my first drone, (Mav Air). But, I'm so close to great sites to fly, but, looks like according to the NJ laws, I'm not really allowed to fly in them, so, I'm wondering why I would buy it, if I can't fly where I want? I also am going to the Yellowstone area this summer, and want to become efficient at flying for that trip, but, looks like I cant fly there either. Frustrating.... any advice would be appreciated
Come to South Dakota or Wyoming. With the exception of the National Parks, there are so many places to legally fly and one of the reasons I don’t miss living back in your area. BTW, Beautiful scenery just outside the NE entrance of Yellowstone. Google Beartooth Pass

as a frequent visitor to state and national parks, I wholeheartedly support the drone ban. I'd hate to think what the NP experience would be like with drones buzzing overhead! There are still plenty of great places to fly in most parts of the country.
When we visit the parks all you hear is the roar of Helicopters..... I'd rather hear the buzz of a drone any day. With the size of the Parks there should be a small section open to drone pilots. It would be simple to do, just a mile or two out of the Hundreds of miles. Maybe some day.

When we visit the parks all you hear is the roar of Helicopters..... I'd rather hear the buzz of a drone any day. With the size of the Parks there should be a small section open to drone pilots. It would be simple to do, just a mile or two out of the Hundreds of miles. Maybe some day.

Or we hear the roar of a pack of Harleys from five (5) miles away... Disgusting!

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Fortunatly here in WA (That's Weestern Australia) our National parks are now open to drone use so long as you obey CASA rules and don't harass/anoy people or animals. My local city has a similar policy so I am free to fly most places.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
We are lucky in Australia. There are some states that try to ban drones in areas, but none of that will stand up in court as long as CASA regs are followed.
But
If you break CASA rules, they have fined 100s of people

Would be no different than having to put up with people's annoying cel phone conversations, selfies, or tobacco products.

A day or 2 a month would be nice!

That article is about flying commercially without a Part 107 license, not about flying in prohibited areas. There are numerous cases of pilots cited for flying from State or National Park lands.
There certainly are many places where it Vidmate iTunes Notepad++ is illegal to fly. Also, there are many situations (ie, near/over people) where it is illegal to fly. For some people it a pricey investment. I got a MP+combo for Christmas from my wife (I’ve been itching to get one for years). But after researching places I could fly in my area, there were so many restiction, I couldn’t justify the cost. Now I’m a watcher!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143