DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How essential are the top sensors?

Same here
Reason why I said what I did was I sunk mine, sent it to dji and argued for a month and they sent it back after I goy mad. Had never been looked at as I had marked the box . It showed that error
and contacted Steve at their site. his techs told me to do that and I did and have been flying fine ever since. 🤷‍♂️

You should calibrate the Mavic-2 Pro (imu and compass). I have 4 drones but the M2 Pro is the best! If you want to turn off the sensors, which is a silly idea, then get a cheaper Drone, such as the DJI Mavic-2 Mini Combo! it has no security features!

Like I said in post 2. Unless they are visibly damaged ,clean them with a Q-tip and try doing a calibration in the assistant on your Computer. It did fix my error. Is a easy fix if it works if not move on
or ignore my advice and carry on. I was told to try that by tech’s from one of our venders and been fine every since.
Always try the easy fix first. You might be surprised or not. Good luck.
Out.
dc
So DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic is incompatible with Mac OS X 11 or later.

The last version posted is 2.0.14, posted 8/5/20.

Both my Macs are well past Mac OS X 11, which is at least a couple of years old.

So DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic is incompatible with Mac OS X 11 or later.

The last version posted is 2.0.14, posted 8/5/20.

Both my Macs are well past Mac OS X 11, which is at least a couple of years old.
I didn’t say it wouldn’t.

OK, dug up an older Windows laptop, installed the software.

But in Calibration mode, the red and green boxes do not appear.

I searched old threads here and someone said try to change resolution, which I did. Tried rebooting, no luck.

Connectivity is there, two green checkmarks for the front and left sensors. Some of the posts indicate that it only works with desktop PCs, not laptops. Oh well, then I'm out of luck.

Also managed to download a few gigs of logs as well.

I did in the meantime examine photos and videos I took while it was throwing this error.

I stitched some of the panos, haven't created hyper lapses out of the shots but the one that the drone produced looks fine.

So the output looks pretty much the same as it was before the crash and before this error.

I guess it's just a question of whether to spend $400 to have the sensors checked out and then the covers replaced on the two top sensors.

I certainly want to use this drone as much as possible. I'm open to buying a new one at some point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User