DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How far?

How far can I fly my mavic pro without an internet connection?
You do not need an Internet connection to fly any DJI drone.

The maximum distance you can fly legally in the USA is within Visual Line of Sight.

I know how to fly. I just wanted to know how far because I read somewhere that it's only 250 feet. Without internet access.
And yes wifi

Why are you using Wi-Fi? The stability of connection from the rc to the drone is so superior and stable compared to that of a Wi-Fi connection from a phone or tablet and distance is less of a problem than visibility. The internet is never needed to fly.

Reactions: old man mavic
the only time you would need the wifi mode is if you had forgotten your controller or the controller battery was flat or lastly you wanted to travel really light and leave the controller behind,the biggest problem is that flying it this way severely restricts the capabilities of the drone and restricts the distance it can fly and the lag makes it harder to control

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Sorry bout that guys I removed that outburst and the
other 2 post to clean it up.
Thanks.

OP seemed to miss-state his question, assuming he needed internet or access point for the phone to AC connection over Wi-Fi. I'm finding a lot of people have a hard time with the concept of device to device Wi-Fi and the absence of internet with said connection.
Wi-Fi is the pipe, internet is the water from the water company. Pipe doesn't have to carry just municipal water.

What the OP was asking seems still to be open to interpretation.

Did you see this post ?

I know how to fly. I just wanted to know how far because I read somewhere that it's only 250 feet. Without internet access.
And yes wifi

The only thing the M1P has to do with wifi is when that option is used for phone control, instead of controller.

Who knows though, maybe the OP is confused after reading his manual.
They know how to fly, just not the control part.

Did you see this post ?

The only thing the M1P has to do with wifi is when that option is used for phone control, instead of controller.

Who knows though, maybe the OP is confused after reading his manual.
They know how to fly, just not the control part.
And where does internet come into it?

Hopefully the OP will chime back in if he needs further clarity in anything.

Until then what does it matter?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d