DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How hot is to hot

Bigfoot

Reactions
Just wondering if there is limit on how high the outside temp can be when flying. Is it safe to fly say when it's 100 outside? Wondering if anyone has had an issue with drone getting to hot.
Newbie and enjoy all the great tips on this site.
Thanks for letting me poke around.[emoji188]

DJI says max recommended operating temp is 95°f. Im sure many people fly in higher temps, you just need to keep an eye on your battery temp in DJI Go and make sure it doesnt get up higher than around 135 - 140.

The motors and internals will probably be ok , they have constant airflow around them.

Check out this thread of a test I did:

The effects of heat on Mavic; Some good news

DJI's operating specs for the aircraft and controller are 32°-104° F, I know there are people using them outside those parameters. The most complaints we have heard are with the various cell phones and tablets overheating. If you can keep your batteries cool and device shaded before and during the flight you have a better chance of not running into problems.

Reactions: Bigfoot
Its an average of 33c (90s) here and ive had batteries routinely go up to 52c (125f?) without issue. The tablet overheats and starts logging as it throttles itself in the direct sun at times but the drone itself seems fine. Battery life is 20-24 mins on average.

DJI says max recommended operating temp is 95°f. Im sure many people fly in higher temps, you just need to keep an eye on your battery temp in DJI Go and make sure it doesnt get up higher than around 135 - 140.

The motors and internals will probably be ok , they have constant airflow around them.

Check out this thread of a test I did:

The effects of heat on Mavic; Some good news

Thanks for info[emoji188]

I just flew my mavic in 42 degrees and full sun - after 8/10 mins of flying there was a notification that I lost connection but it came back after maybe 10 seconds but I landed straight away. Drone was boiling hot (same Samsung s7 I use in my RC)
To sum up - I'd say 35 Celsius degrees should be fine although be mindful of flying in the sun as it affects a lot on grey colour of mavic.
Fly safe !

If the outside temp is over 34°C, I don't fly my Mavic Pro.

I will fly my Bebop 2 though.

Reactions: maverickau
Be careful of your tablet or phone overheating as well. I had my tablet shutdown on me one afternoon and it was quite scary for a moment!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk