DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How I Cache maps on my Smart Controller with M2P

deltamike

Reactions
For the benefit of others, and there are many questions on how to cache maps - this is how I do it.

Ensure you have a Wi-Fi connection
Switch on the SC. (I can do this without switching on the aircraft)
When the screen 'Connect to your drone' appears tap GO.
Tap the three horizontal lines on the top right
Select 'Offline Map'
Select area you want to cache
Then download

I hope this helps someone.:)

Awesome! Didn’t know this, thanks for posting. Props to you for not hiding this small hint in a ten-minute youtube movie where a lot of nothing is mentioned just to be able to add 2 ads to it... :)

All very well and good but in the wilds of Wales or Scotland without any cell phone coverage downloaded and cached maps are better than nothing.

Reactions: Drumsagard
So true.
The map selection box is still pathetic though.

Just a query. Is the part in the box the only part that’s downloaded.

When zoomed out the box is very small.

So does one have to download multiple segments at a time ?

All very well and good but in the wilds of Wales or Scotland without any cell phone coverage downloaded and cached maps are better than nothing.
Very true! I found this out the other day in Moidart on the west coast of Scotland.

Reactions: deltamike
Just a query. Is the part in the box the only part that’s downloaded.

When zoomed out the box is very small.

So does one have to download multiple segments at a time ?

Hi,

Try to expand the box and then download but yes, it is only the area within the box that is cached.

You can save multiple maps one at a time.

To view the maps you have saved go into the offline downloads screen (The screen where you see the box of the map you want to save) and then tap the pen on a folded map in the top right of the screen. This will show all the maps you have cached and they are marked regions.

Tap a region and the map relating to that region will show you the map you have saved.

To delete a region map press and hold the region and then delete will appear so you can tap it to delete it.

Last edited:
So true.
The map selection box is still pathetic though.

Pathetic you might think but invaluable to someone who has lost the aircraft and can see the nearest road to it.

Living near the lakes you won't have to worry though - its probably underwater :oops:

Don’t get me wrong deltamike I am not trying to be funny.
When I used an Android tablet to fly the way I could select a map to download was really good but on my SC to me it’s terrible.

Reactions: deltamike
Understood and thanks. Good luck flying over the wet stuff because I hear tales of woes of aircraft taking a bath. Is this due to having the VPS enabled I wonder or is it pilot error. Whats your opinion?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000