DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is it going with MM? Problems?

I love the MM. The only problem I have having is it takes about 5 hours to do a complete charge. The LED’s flash slowly which mean not charging at a 18 watts. When I charge the controller the LED’s flight quickly.
I have talk to support. I ordered another battery which I was planning on doing anyway, and then when I receive the new one I will send the first to DJI and they will test the battery.
BTW, I let a fully charged battery run down to zero to make sure it was out of hibernation mode, and then charged it and it was a little over 5 hours to fully charge again.
As anyone had the same problem?

Are you using the the hub or direct to the AC? Since the batteries are 17.28Wh, it would take them close to an hour to charge them fully so 3 of them would take 3 hours.
I originally thought it was 90 minutes until I did the math from the specs.
The remote should take 1/2 hour with the 18W charger.

On your #2 problem, it looks exactly like the bird strike I had last year. A hawk whacked my MP & left claw marks on the battery & arms. My MP only shook & turned 90* & lost a few feet of altitude then recovered. I am guessing with your bird strike, the hawk dived (from out of sight) on your drone; struck it; then was holding on to your mini for a distance, then let go all out of camera view. That accounts for the strange angle your mini was zinging along @ 65 mph. If you fly near a lot of pigeons, there will most likely be peregrine falcons nearby. They are fearless & swift predators who might like to see what a Mini tastes like...

Just sayin' because you have no idea what happened in those couple seconds but it looked very familiar to me. Did you notice any "scratches" on the drone?

Are you using the the hub or direct to the AC? Since the batteries are 17.28Wh, it would take them close to an hour to charge them fully so 3 of them would take 3 hours.
I found the RC does not seem to support QC so it will take longer than I specified and even with the AC, the latter part of the charge cycle gradually ramps down the power as it reaches full.
So each battery does take about 80 to 90 minutes.

Reactions: Back Country
I found the RC does not seem to support QC so it will take longer than I specified and even with the AC, the latter part of the charge cycle gradually ramps down the power as it reaches full.
So each battery does take about 80 to 90 minutes.
I haven't timed it yet(also haven'r run my batteries down below 30% yet either), but I feel like it has been about an hour or so for each battery to charge from that state of depletion, so that seems to coincide with what what you have found.

I'll have to try and time my charge next go around and report it here.

I am charging directly from the AC. I received the 2nd battery in the mail today and it is also charging slow. The LED lights are flashing about every 2 seconds, which according to the manual, means a slow charge. I and assuming because I have two batteries that are slow charging the problem is not the batteries. The charger I am using has all of the specs the manual requires. However, the charger is a USB to USB micro and wondering if the cord makes a difference. What wall charger are you using, or is there something else that I should be using to charge the batteries?

You need a QC 2 or 3 compatible charger and a cable that supports not only charge, but data too. The QC voltage is negotiated through the data wires. It takes several seconds to switch to fast charge and should result in 1.5A at 12v.
Charger should be at least 18W.

2 seconds sounds like very slow charge, IOW 500mA. A regular charger should give at least 1A @ 5v

I have the flymore which comes with the hub, 2 USB cables for charging, and 18W QC compatible charger. I've tested charging directly to the AC with included charger and other QC chargers and power bank, and my own cables. Only RC is not fast charge (QC) capable but even at 5v, I believe it can charge at 10W.

Thank you, everyone! I am now able to fast charge. I was ready to go to Best Buy this morning and get a cable based on the information provided above. Then I remembered that a cord came with the drone. I pulled it out of the box and saw that it was a USB to micro USB and was much thicker than the cord that came with the charger. I plugged it into my charger and then into the drone and... it was fast charging.
You did what DJI support did not do. As a newbie to flying drones, there were several things that were not made clear in the manual.
I do not know if DJI follows this site but in hopes that they do, and for others that are new to drones, here are my suggestions.
1. Support should have asked what kind of charger I was using
2. Support should have asked about the cord I was using
3. There should be something in the manual about the charger and the properties of the cord
3. I think that DJI should include a charger with the drone. I would be willing to pay more because of the hassle and time it would have saved me.
4. Support should never assume the caller has an understanding of the mechanics of flying a drone, or the parts involved

When I called support they were stuck on why I was not getting a fast charge (I did tell them that I purchased a 15W charge). I was put on hold while the person consulted with someone, then I was told that most likely the battery was in hibernation mode, that I should fly the drone until the battery is at zero, then charge the battery.
I did as they instructed and, of course, the battery was still doing a slow charge.

Thank you again. Without your help, I would have called support again and then banging my head against a wall while they provided the wrong advice.

If the charger was QC compatible, then the cable it came with should also have been QC compatible. I've successfully used regular micro data cables, even with micro to C adapters for my phone and Tab A tablet.
I agree the Mini should have come with the 18w charger. It couldn't have cost DJI all that much, even with the QC licensing, and would avoid a lot of user frustration and support calls.

Do wait 10 seconds before determining the AC isn't switching to fast charge.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme