DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is my Mavic pro connected to the controller?

Lowell Crabb

Reactions
I have been getting random screen freeze and an announcement that I have lost connection with the drone. So far hitting the RTH button has brought it back. It fails to reconnect even when it is back and needs to be rebooted to get the connection back. Is there something in the drone causing this? It really detracts from the fun of flying. Thanks

Your controller is connected to the drone using radio waves. Whatever device (phone or tablet) is connected to the controller by a cable and send commands via the controller hence being able to press the RTH button to recover your drone. If you are in LOS to the drone you could just keep flying as you don’t need a phone or tablet to fly, it’s just more convenient. As the drone responds to the RTH signal it looks as if Go4 is crashing on the tablet or phone. The cause for this is often the cable connected to the micro USB port on the left side of the controller. Try removing that cable completely and replacing it with a cable with a full size usb plug connected to the bottom of the controller and whatever you need for your phone/tablet.

Last edited:
I’m not familiar with the crystal sky but if the drone can still be controlled by the Mavic rc the problem is highly likely to be the cable joining the crystal sky to the rc as I detailed above. You could also try deleting and reloading the Go4 app, that can put things right on phones and tablets so would probably help as crystal sky is android based.
Crystal Sky is an android tablet sold by DJI just for drone controllers. It has a USB-C (I believe) port and I am using a 6" cable between it and the USB port on the controller. I'll have to get another cable to try out your theory.
What part of the southwest are you in? I'm heading to Lake Havasu AZ next month for the winter.

Your controller is connected to the drone using radio waves. Whatever device (phone or tablet) is connected to the controller by a cable and send commands via the controller hence being able to press the RTH button to recover your drone. If you are in LOS to the drone you could just keep flying as you don’t need a phone or tablet to fly, it’s just more convenient. As the drone responds to the RTH signal it looks as if Go4 is crashing on the tablet or phone. The cause for this is often the cable connected to the micro USB port on the left side of the controller. Try removing that cable completely and replacing it with a cable with a full size usb plug connected to the bottom of the controller and whatever you need for your phone/tablet.
thats always the best advice change the cable and if that doesn’t work delete the app and reinstall it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair