DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is the watching movies on bt 300

hykhleif

Reactions
Hello everyone

I have a question related to how is the user experience in watching movies with moverio bt 300, is the screen like a movie theater experience or is it a tiny screen

As I am not only buying this for drones but more for media consumption like watching movies and YouTube as I am sick and tired of all the other big heavy options out there and the snake form factor of moverio for movie consumption is very attractive

I am surprised no one review is about the user experience in watching movies on bt 300

Thanks so much

When I 1st got my Bt-300, I watched Diehard XX and the experience was "pleasant". I'm kind spoiled because I prefer to watch movies on my 65" 4K Samsung Curve.

Reactions: Mavic 57
can you share more about the detail of the picture, is the image pixlated as in a samsung gear vr which is awful to watch movies on , is the screen crystal clear

how much would scale the screen size on bt300 , like is tiny or is it big

It's VERY hard to compare the viewing image of the BT-300 to any other "goggle" style type gear. I believe the virtual screen size of the BT is 80"

i mean does the screen look like a screen of one those goggles, i am just confused how movies will look like in the bt300, is the screen sharp and detailed or is it a vague pictures

i mean does the screen look like a screen of one those goggles, i am just confused how movies will look like in the bt300, is the screen sharp and detailed or is it a vague pictures
If you're viewing with the Rochester shade or in a dark room then I would say the the picture is sharp. If you intend on watching a LOT of movies on the BT300, then I would say there are better options available.

i have glyph so would the bt300 be a down grade for movies

my grip with glyph is its uncomfortable and the lenses do not overlap perfectly and is irritating for watching a movie

do u feel like you are watching a tv 80 inch from 3 meter with the bt300

also is the sreen quality better than the awful samsung gear vr for movies, as that is very very pixaleted

i really appreciate your help

Ah...now you you told me you have a Glyph and can tell you that you will NOT enjoy watching movies on the Bt300. I also have Cinemizers and if I would rather watch movies on those.

can i ask you about cinemizer, is the screen big and clear, can you share some feedback on it please as its form factor is perfect

can i ask you about cinemizer, is the screen big and clear, can you share some feedback on it please as its form factor is perfect
IMO the screen is perfect for movies. I don't like the fit, there are these 2 sliders that go onto each arm that you slide forward against the back of your ear for goggles to fit snugly and they irritated the hell out of me.

shame its screen of cinemizer is only 40 inch from 2 meters

its seems there are no really great movie headsets in a cool wearable form factor as bt300

shame its screen of cinemizer is only 40 inch from 2 meters

its seems there are no really great movie headsets in a cool wearable form factor as bt300
Once again...the only thing that the BT300 has in common with other goggle/headsets is that it mounts to your ears. The 2 are totally different platforms.

it seems that for the sole of watching movie the best there is now is

goovies by cinego

all others just are not optimal for movies

FOV is 80 inches at 5 meters. I use the Solitaire Ace enclosure with blackout shade. When I sit in my normal TV viewing chair at about 3 meters from my 51 inch Toshiba, the Moverio virtual screen almost exactly matches the view of the tv. The resolution of the Moverio is only 720p however, so the tv image is sharper. Watching a movie on the Moverio is OK but not great, unless you like watching while laying flat on your back. Then they can't be beat.

Initially the screen size seemed small. It might be 80" at 5 meters but it is about 14" at arms length. So it is not big (IMHO)

But the built in video-player is terrible (PlayerLiz or whatever)

but now I had some time and setup automatic Media sync + setup VLC & MX Player - quality of MP4 files is much better. Still not perfect especially in dark scenes - but a lot better than what PlayerLiz did - a lot less noise and much better rendering with both VLC & MX Player. VLC seems slightly smoother to me.

Epson should really not embed a "bad player" as it gave me a really bad first impression - so bad I almost kicked the BT-300 to the curb for anything but Mavic control.

But now - with APKPure installed :) and sideloaded all my usual android app's that can/will work without google login - the BT-300 is seriously growing on me. I used AirMirror to setup everything from the PC via "remote screen control" (typing in my insane passwords is a pain on touch pad..)

And I'm using a 64GB SD card in it with no issues (more than 45GB used so far) - so the 32GB limit might be a thing of the past?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929