DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How is this one

Just from a photographer's view, I would straighten the horizon, lower the saturation, darken the bright white areas in the sky, remove the wires and crop out part of the right and bottom. The object in the lower right needs to go. This is my humble opinion. I think you have the potential for a really good photograph.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Sorry if this offends but I tried my hand at this image in the following steps;
In Photoshop 2020 CC I did the following;
Leveled horizon
Gradient tool- darkened the sky and gave it some structure
Clone tool- removed the oil tanks
Brush- removed all of the power wires
Removed the soil at the bottom right of the image with brush tool

Here it is attached for comparison. Be sure to scroll up to see the entire image. MavicPilots Image.jpgMavicPilots Image.jpg

View attachment 101950

Reactions: Azizuddin
Thanks so much for taking the time to do all that you did. I will take your advice.

I find the gradient tool especially helpful for drone shots because you always underexpose the foreground in shots that are mostly sky and with the gradient tool you can open the foreground, as well as reverse it to darken the skies as I did in your image. The spot healing brush is used for the telephone wires, and the clone tool was used for the water towers. See my screen grabs.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.52.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.52.20 PM.png
    22 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.50.27 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 6.50.27 PM.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I find the gradient tool especially helpful for drone shots because you always underexpose the foreground in shots that are mostly sky and with the gradient tool you can open the foreground, as well as reverse it to darken the skies as I did in your image. The spot healing brush is used for the telephone wires, and the clone too was used for the water towers. Se my screen grabs.

Wow I am kind of new at this. And right now all I have to do my editing is a iPad mini 5. Thanks again [emoji106] and stay safe.

I find the gradient tool especially helpful for drone shots because you always underexpose the foreground in shots that are mostly sky and with the gradient tool you can open the foreground, as well as reverse it to darken the skies as I did in your image. The spot healing brush is used for the telephone wires, and the clone too was used for the water towers. Se my screen grabs.

You have a lot to offer on this forum

I find the adjustment brush in the camera raw filter extremely useful in adjusting specific colors for brightness, saturation etc.. I haven't used the gradient tool much, but I'll work on learning how to use it.

I find the adjustment brush in the camera raw filter extremely useful in adjusting specific colors for brightness, saturation etc.. I haven't used the gradient tool much, but I'll work on learning how to use it.

Learning Photoshop is a lifelong endeavor! I have lost count of the number of You Tubes and courses I have taken. Probably the best course I have ever purchased is by Colin Smith of Photoshop Cafe. He runs frequent sales, usually at 20% or more off. He has just published, recently, his newest course. www.photoshopcafe.com

Learning Photoshop is a lifelong endeavor! I have lost count of the number of You Tubes and courses I have taken. Probably the best course I have ever purchased is by Colin Smith of Photoshop Cafe. He runs frequent sales, usually at 20% or more off. He has just published, recently, his newest course. www.photoshopcafe.com
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weepo67