DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How long does it take to update home position

emufriedchicken

Reactions
Noticed over the last few months its been taking ages to update my home position when I 1st turn on the aircraft and Smart controller. It used to be real quick now it can take over a minute to update. Sort of defeats the quickfly feature of the smart controller? I havent changed my location where I take off and land from so the reception hasnt changed. But maybe there is a setting in the M2Z or SC I may have changed that would cause this to happen?

One minute is not bad at all lol.. Everyone is so impatient nowadays..

But maybe there is a setting in the M2Z or SC I may have changed that would cause this to happen?
It's going to vary with what sats are visible to the drone's GPS antenna and where they are in the sky.
How open is your launch spot?
Does it have a clear view of most of the sky not blocked by obstacles?

My launch spot hasn't changed since going from quick home point update to slow update. I put the landing pad in the exact same place every time. It seems to lock on to 7-8 satellites before it updates. Just takes a while to find them now. Thats why I thought it maybe a setting or something that I might had inadvertently changed?

My launch spot hasn't changed since going from quick home point update to slow update.
That doesn't tell how clear the skyview is.
It seems to lock on to 7-8 satellites before it updates.
Just takes a while to find them now.
The sats are constantly moving across the sky.
It's normal for the startup time to vary.
Thats why I thought it maybe a setting or something that I might had inadvertently changed?
There are no settings that are related to the GPS receiver.

That doesn't tell how clear the skyview is.

A building to one side but mostly clear....

The sats are constantly moving across the sky.
It's normal for the startup time to vary.

The sats must just be avoiding Australia then...probably focusing on a big country in Asia I'd say

There are no settings that are related to the GPS receiver.

That rules out any fat finger mistakes I could have done then

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d