DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How low can you go skimming over water?

CoolBreeze

Reactions
IMG_2715.PNG This morning took a low flight across river and wondered, " How low can someone fly over body of water?"

I tend to keep it in line of sight and take off from water level. The remote will alarm at about 60cm then faster alarm at about 30cm. The Mavic dips back if you stop hard. and can sometimes show a height more than actual. I'll fly about 20cms for about 10 seconds as the Mavic leans forward and can be a bit deceiving. Be careful when dropping down as it will try and land, I move the Mavic forward while getting the height right to avoid this.

Attachments

• IMG_8872.PNG
    IMG_8872.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
Gutt renching flying that low. YOU WIN!

Good to know information.
Prop wash could also be an issue.

I was flying above the sea but not as low as you and then the Mavic stopped ! Like there was an obstacle. Should be due to a reflect in the water I presume

I was flying above the sea but not as low as you and then the Mavic stopped ! Like there was an obstacle. Should be due to a reflect in the water I presume
Need to turn obstacle avoidance off, as it leans forward when you're close to the surface and it's moving I'd say your on point with a reflection tripping the sensor.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest