DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many are getting DJI Care Refresh with their M2P?

Did you buy DJI Care Refresh with M2P?

• Yes but regret getting it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get coverage through my credit card extended coverage plan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
State Farm on all my drones.

@Thunderdrones - How much do you pay State Farm per month or quarter for Drone insurance and can you explain the plan a little to us if you would be so kind?
I just have always went with the Dji Refresh Care Package for my last three drones.

I'm surprised by the poll results as I thought more people took out refresh. I thought long and hard about it for the Mavic 1 but never did and haven't taken it out for the Mavic 2.

I'm surprised by the poll results as I thought more people took out refresh. I thought long and hard about it for the Mavic 1 but never did and haven't taken it out for the Mavic 2.

I would imagine it's because DJI's customer service isn't exactly their strongsuit. Many people learned that lesson the hard way with buying Refresh initially, and they are not making that mistake again.

I live in Belgium and got the refresh.just cause i paid 1499€ and there are no other insurance possibilities here

So far big majority got it according to the poll.

I think a lot of people are probably (like me) on their first serious drone with the M2P/V and have adopted the "better safe than sorry" approach. It's not prohibitively expensive, it's an expensive toy, so why not? What might be more interesting is to follow up in a year's time and see how many decided to renew before the offer runs out - I, for one, will not be as I'll have it on my regular photo insurance at that point, and others will probably have investigated their options for home insurance/state farm type cover for wherever they are and gone with that instead.

Reactions: fozzzy
If DJI were an American company subject to the same buyer protection laws as other American firms, I would probably buy Care Refresh. As it stands, it's entirely at the discretion of DJI as to how they will handle any claims made under that program. Again, I do not trust them. I've read far too many posts about very bad experiences (e.g. sending back used drones in worse condition than the one shipped in, long turn-around times, etc.) They make excellent products, but their customer service and support is abysmal. I just can't see shelling out good money for something I know is likely going to be purely wasted.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Unless and until other companies start truly competing with DJI in the consumer drone market, we can't reasonably expect anything to change.

That's pretty much true with any product dominated by a single company.
Take MS for instance. It's hard to get away from their OS.

I got State Farm, too. Less than half the price of Refresh, and they'll reimburse your full purchase price, no questions asked.

Before leaving DJI, I would always purchase the care/refresh pack. It was the cheapest insurance that would cover the cost of DJI's mistakes. Remember, we're the test bed for the commercial side. I eventually grew tired of paying for a repair due to a crash after an update. I hear things are a little better now but I just can't go back. Owned a Typhoon H for over a year now. Only 1 update, no crashes, no fly aways, no issues. Next drone will be the Typhoon H Plus with the same 1 inch sensor as the P4P.

I like the looks of the Typhoon H with Intel RealSense Technology, but I'm not sure how well it actually works. It seems that it wouldn't be anywhere near as advanced as what is available with Mavic 2, but I could be wrong.

Just curious if State Farm's policy will replace aircraft lost over water? We all know DJI refresh needs damaged aircraft for replacement.

Just curious if State Farm's policy will replace aircraft lost over water? We all know DJI refresh needs damaged aircraft for replacement.
Yes, it will. When I filed a claim for my Mavic Pro, they asked me if it was a total loss. I said yes, and they had a check in the mail the very same day. With the State Farm policy, it doesn't matter if you crash it, crash it in the water, have it stolen, or just plain lose it -- it's all the same.

Reactions: Jetmaker
Yes, it will. When I filed a claim for my Mavic Pro, they asked me if it was a total loss. I said yes, and they had a check in the mail the very same day. With the State Farm policy, it doesn't matter if you crash it, crash it in the water, have it stolen, or just plain lose it -- it's all the same.

Can you just purchase a policy for the drone or do you need their household or other larger policy?

I've read that any claim can up your other insurance rates? Do you know about that?

Mine is an add-on to a Personal Articles policy. It supplements my homeowners policy by adding extra coverage to items like jewelry, antiques, heirlooms, and yes, drones. When I filed a claim last year, they only increased the price of my Personal Articles policy. It had no effect on anything else.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure