DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many batteries do you use?

I just received a brand new battery from DJI for my 2S, it was an Air 2 battery on the box. The two batteries perform exactly the same and are completely interchangeable. Both batteries are "advanced" Intelligent Flight Batteries.
I know. I have no idea why they are different. I know they are "interchangeable" but with the slightly higher MaH and Wh, I wonder if it may even last just a bit longer. I tried to ask DJI what the difference was and why they do not sell the "newer" version and got no answer.

I fly the Air 2, which has similar flight times to the Air 2S (2-3 minutes more, actually). I have 3 batteries (fly more combo) and I'm satisfied with what I have. I don't need more than that, but it really depends on how much you will fly your drone, as the batteries don't charge quickly (takes about 1.5 hours with stock charger).

I know. I have no idea why they are different. I know they are "interchangeable" but with the slightly higher MaH and Wh, I wonder if it may even last just a bit longer. I tried to ask DJI what the difference was and why they do not sell the "newer" version and got no answer.
Higher MaH, but lower voltage. I have several of both batteries and can tell no real difference.

I bought the fly more combo planning on maybe picking up a 4th battery later on...but then I saw Amazon has "renewed" batteries right now for $46. So I ordered 2 since they're basically half price and nearly all the reviews are positive. Plus I can just send them back if they're bad. Many reviews say they're getting batteries that are unused/0 charge cycles. We'll see later tonight when I pick them up heh.

DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Battery - Replacement Spare Battery 3500mAh 34min Flight Time Accessory for Drone (Renewed) https://a.co/d/e7gWmZf

I bought the fly more combo planning on maybe picking up a 4th battery later on...but then I saw Amazon has "renewed" batteries right now for $46. So I ordered 2 since they're basically half price and nearly all the reviews are positive. Plus I can just send them back if they're bad. Many reviews say they're getting batteries that are unused/0 charge cycles. We'll see later tonight when I pick them up heh.

DJI Mavic Air 2 Intelligent Flight Battery - Replacement Spare Battery 3500mAh 34min Flight Time Accessory for Drone (Renewed) https://a.co/d/e7gWmZf
I have three, One had one charge, one had three and 2 had zero.

Reactions: pati0furniture
With my MA2 I just sold I had 3. With my newly aquired M2P I only have one but I will be buying 2 more.

I carry six batts, knowing that the old ones could tank any time. Don’t want to be left standing on one foot trying to kick myself.

I use my Air 2S for still photography.
By the time the sun has gone high in the sky and I am headed home, I might have used two batteries.
I bought the drone with the more kit so I have three batteries.
For me it's overkill.

Thanks for the heads up! I have three batteries with the fly more combo, but picked up another one (and probably more soon) with this recommendation.

Reactions: marshvet
I take 8 batteries when I go out to fly a cool location. I do a lot of hyperlapse and get enough pics for 15 seconds of video per battery. I have bought a total of 6 of the "refurbished" batteries off Amazon and they are a steal at $46. I have never had an issue with any of them and one has 217 charge cycles. I also highly recommend the Hanatora charger. I use it frequently to charge batteries in my truck if I'm on the move and flying all day long. I use the stock DJI charger when I am charging at home and there is no rush though. I just feel like the stock DJI charger is probably better for maintaining long-term battery health due to lower the lower charging amperage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope