DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many batteries is enough?

1 battery was the right number, and price, for me starting out with mavic.
The more adept and less giddy you become, another one can be handy for more exploration.
If your going camping, to a race, festival, etc, your gonna want a bunch obviously.

3 still seemed excessive for that combo deal though
i felt for those, inevitable, people who brought the fly more pack, and had a crash *touch wood* :(

I have found that after two and a half the controller battery is getting down along with the iPhone or iPad, I have 4.
I agree with some of the others that's after awhile unless you're traveling from sight to sight it gets boring..

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Cimriver
I have 3 and it seems to be a sweet spot for me. I rarely use more than 1 a day, but sometimes will use 2. 3 Gives me some flexibility for hikes and those long trips where I would want that extra. I think I would personally get bored if I flew 3 full batteries in one day, but that's just me.

The 2 batteries I have work fine for me- I never seem to have over 40 minutes for back to back flight anyway, so far. One can be in the drone and charged, and when it runs out, I swap it with the other one, which I charge at some point before flying the last one.

For single flights most evenings and occasional double flights, it's served me well.

i felt for those, inevitable, people who brought the fly more pack, and had a crash

Everyone crashes. Brace yourself.

I have found that after two and a half the controller battery is getting down along with the iPhone or iPad

If you're having battery issues with the controller and your iphone/ipad after 2 batteries you're not connecting to the controller correctly. For optimal battery life on both the device and the controller use the USB port on the bottom of the controller. I've flown at least 5 batteries and still had 40% or more on both.

I have 7 batteries. If I'm in the field shooting a MTB race I use 6 easily.... Depends what Ure shooting and where u flying

Posted from somewhere in beautiful South Africa

I got the fly more package that came with 3. Start with 3 fully charged. When I put the 3rd one in the drone, the first one goes on the charger (gives the first time to cool down). During the short ~15 lapse time I charge my controller. With this setup I can fly through 6 batteries with only a 15 minute break which is needed to charge the controller. One would really only need more than 3 batteries if they don't have a reliable way to charge batteries on the go. I do drive an electric car so leaving the car on while charging isn't really that big of a deal plus it provides a cool place to hang out.

Reactions: eroomomni
I have found that after two and a half the controller battery is getting down along with the iPhone or iPad, I have 4.
I agree with some of the others that's after awhile unless you're traveling from sight to sight it gets boring..

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I have four batteries. I have never used more than three on an outing. I also find the remote control is getting under 50%. I fly both Android and iOS devices. The remotes go quicker as the phone wants it's battery recharged. I log my battery use to make sure all are in the rotation.

I have 5 flight batteries.

Once I'm done with the first one, I plug it into my RC - the remaining 20% will keep the RC and my phone charged for hours. The second I put on charge (24AH LiPo pack - about 5 Mavic batteries). By the time I'm done with the fourth, that second will be fully charged - rinse and repeat. If I know I'll be staying/flying for longer than 10 batteries, I'll trickle charge the LiPo pack with a portable solar panel or my car if it's nearby. 24/7 flying, if I chose to do so.

Once I'm done with the first one, I plug it into my RC - the remaining 20% will keep the RC and my phone charged for hours.

Maybe I missed something, but how exactly do you plug the flight battery into the RC? Did you make a cable for that?

Maybe I missed something, but how exactly do you plug the flight battery into the RC? Did you make a cable for that?
You can plug your phone/tablet into the bottom USB port of the controller leaving the other micro USB port on the side open to plug into a charger/power bank.

Reactions: tictag
I go by with three batteries, although I tend to fly more.

So to solve this, I use an ISDT Q6 charger (fly fixed-wing models also) and a balancing board. Set it to LiPo-HV charging at 7 amps, connect the mavic batteries to the balancing board with some XT60->Mavic battery adaptors and they're charging away. For power source I use a 16000mah 4S Lipo from hobbyking, which supplies plenty of juice for charging all day long.
This works, since the charging circuit is in the mavic batteries themselves - I basically use the ISDT charger as a power supply, just as the original 'dumb' charger that comes with the mavic.

If I was stuck without an at-the-field charging solution, I'd probably get two more batteries. In the end, the transmitter (or RC) tends to be the bottleneck.

3 batteries aka the fly more pack suits me just fine.
Flying with Android OS, currently a Samsung S9+ phone. After 3 batteries RC is down around 30% and I have had enough. So works well for me to call it quits and charge the whole lot up again.

I have 2 for my Mavic Pro, 2 for my Mavic Air and 3 for my Typhoon H.

They are flown for recreation so between the three drones, I get my drone fix on weekends using all the batteries to low level

I've got 2 with my MAVIC and another 2 ordered. When I had my P4 I found that 4 was sufficient. I just pre-ordered the P4 PRO and additional batteries aren't available yet.
You mite look into the Energen 360 Charger it a new charger coming out in May it will charge all the DJI drones has 2 USB ports
and 2- 120 outlets also a 12v dc plug for cig lighter. They also make one for Phantom and Mavic pro battery's and one just for Mavic pro
Check them out.

Rick from Drone Valley did a really good review of this product. Expensive but very, very clever.

Rick dose a great job with his reviews, they are expensive but 2 Phantom 4 battery's is 320.00 and the charger is going to be 300.00 and i think you can charge up 4 Mavic Pro or 3 Phantom 4 pro battery's and all your phone's, iPad , controller, laptop at the same time in the field

Reactions: tictag
I have six for my mavic and I bought one of those 3 battery rapid chargers off of amazon for $39. It charges three batteries in one hour no problems ill give it five stars. I have an dc/ac converter in my truck I can keep my mavic in the air for hours at the gun range

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 9

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest