DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many jobs on average are you getting?

Chapperz

Reactions
Hi all

Just wonder what niches/sectors you guys and gals are working in and how many jobs you're getting in a typical month?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Not many where I am. I do land Survey & throw the drone work in as a freebie to get the interest. Just now getting drone work because it comes out much cheaper & faster.

Reactions: Chapperz
i do 99% CRE. During and right after COVID where real estate was going nuts, I was doing between 2 and 3 jobs per week. Now that things have cooled, a job every other week is the norm. I know that CRE is kind of bottom of the barrel, but for someone with a full time day job, it was perfect. If this level of inactivity persists, it's really making me wonder if buying a drone that has RID is really worth it. I may just buy a module and continue to use my Air 2 for mostly personal use.

i do 99% CRE. During and right after COVID where real estate was going nuts, I was doing between 2 and 3 jobs per week. Now that things have cooled, a job every other week is the norm. I know that CRE is kind of bottom of the barrel, but for someone with a full time day job, it was perfect. If this level of inactivity persists, it's really making me wonder if buying a drone that has RID is really worth it. I may just buy a module and continue to use my Air 2 for mostly personal use.
At the risk of sounding like a wally, what's CRE?

I'm in Bangkok, im mainly a freelancer but most of my work is for commercial companies and agencies. 1-2 jobs a week is average. Varies from building inspection to superyachts.

How many jobs you get depends on your marketing, what sector and geograpic location you work! Eat what you kill!

almost everyday on average, weekends are busier sometimes because in Singapore flights above 200 feet amsl can generally only be done on weekends (with a permit).

I mainly shoot for vessels, but also do some shots for commercial buildings, commercials, cars, mapping, and some testing for various organizations.

I work in Commercial & Residential Real Estate, Commercial and Residential Construction, Emergency Services, and we do events and Media coverage of items of interest.

Last week we took the week off so NO jobs. The week before we completed 15 jobs. The week prior to that we did 21 jobs (working Mon - Fri only unless weather is a factor). It's important to note that UAS/Drones are but one of the tools in our bag of many but UAS is used on probably 99% of all our jobs in some capacity or another.

Keep in mind that I've been doing this type of work since 2010 and have a strong brand, large client base, and a solid reputation in this area. I have a strong background in Sales & Marketing and this is what I now do Full Time.

If you're going to support your family with Drone Only you need to find a strong NICHE to play in or get used to Ketchup Soup because it's a saturated market (to say the least).

I work in Commercial & Residential Real Estate, Commercial and Residential Construction, Emergency Services, and we do events and Media coverage of items of interest.

Last week we took the week off so NO jobs. The week before we completed 15 jobs. The week prior to that we did 21 jobs (working Mon - Fri only unless weather is a factor). It's important to note that UAS/Drones are but one of the tools in our bag of many but UAS is used on probably 99% of all our jobs in some capacity or another.

Keep in mind that I've been doing this type of work since 2010 and have a strong brand, large client base, and a solid reputation in this area. I have a strong background in Sales & Marketing and this is what I now do Full Time.

If you're going to support your family with Drone Only you need to find a strong NICHE to play in or get used to Ketchup Soup because it's a saturated market (to say the least).
Sounds good.... Can I ask what drone you use for residential streets, like London streets!?

Reactions: BigAl07
Sounds good.... Can I ask what drone you use for residential streets, like London streets!?
We currently use a pair of Mavic 2's for everything but Emergency Services and sometimes use them if Thermal isn't needed. I'm not sure how "Streets" come into play but none-the-less Mavic 2's are our Work Horses and have been for a few years now. Before the M2's we used Mavic Pro Platinums and before that Phatom 3's, Inspire, and Phantom 4's.

We currently use a pair of Mavic 2's for everything but Emergency Services and sometimes use them if Thermal isn't needed. I'm not sure how "Streets" come into play but none-the-less Mavic 2's are our Work Horses and have been for a few years now. Before the M2's we used Mavic Pro Platinums and before that Phatom 3's, Inspire, and Phantom 4's.
Ahhhh you're over the pond... Regulations are apparently quite different over here.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi all

Just wonder what niches/sectors you guys and gals are working in and how many jobs you're getting in a typical month?

Thanks in advance

Regards
I have a normal job where I travel and not able to fly work missions so it is very sporadic. Normally my clients that are advertising firms/pr firms will contract me out for their clients. When I am not traveling it may be a few a week to a few a month.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin