DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How many new Mavic owners have already registered with the FAA?

I just registered at the FAA website for NON-Commercial use and that is the information provided just before you pay the $5.00 registration fee.

REGISTRATION FEE
  • The registration fee is $5.00.
YOUR UNIQUE NUMBER
  • When you register, you will receive a unique registration number that applies to any and all unmanned aircraft you own for 3 years. After 3 years, you must re-register.

• You MUST mark any and all aircraft with your number before you operate them.

After you pay and get your certification number they add the following information.

• The number must be visible without using tools. You may mark it inside the battery compartment if that is accessible. You may use any method to affix the number that ensures it remains visible, including permanent marker, label, or engraving.

• To operate as a hobbyist, you must operate according to the safety guidance you have acknowledged and in accordance with a community based set of safety guidance. For further information on the safety guidance visit www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/fly_for_fun

Do you have to register your drone if you are a non residence of the USA ? just going there on holiday ?

Yes.

Do you have to register your drone if you are a non residence of the USA ? just going there on holiday ?

Just click the link above and you will see, it says you do need to register upon arrive in USA.

Quick question....whats the best way to put your info on the drone? I was thinking about using a label maker, but wasn't sure if the label would come loose at higher speeds. What are you guys using?

I attached my FAA number on a label inside of the battery compartment. If you don't already have a label maker, you can get labels from me here.

Reactions: davstern
Yep.. registered.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

After you pay and get your certification number they add the following information.

Just the ones that meet the weight requirement.

Slightly different question:

Pros and cons of simple labels (removable in case you sell, also removable by someone who finds it and is willing to remove it and keep it) vs. permanent marker vs. engraving.

Label including phone or email would seem to make it easy for people to do the right thing. Permanent marker might deter a subset of the people who are willing to do the wrong thing, but maybe not enough to make a difference?

Your thoughts, pro/con of labels vs. more permanent solutions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair