DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much have you spent on flying RC in your lifetime?

Total lifetime spent on AC, accessories, batteries, etc. (USD$)

• $0 ...so far.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $<299: just testing the waters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $300-599: the frugal droner

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • $600-999: the hobbyist

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • $1,000-1,999: the part-timer

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • $2,000-3,499: experienced pilot

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • $3,500-4,999: "I can make some of this back, honey!"

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • $5,000-9,999: "It cost me a wife, but I can fly whenever I want!"

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • $10,000-19,999: "My other car is a Mavic"

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • $20,000+: Pro

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Can't add it up.
Wife thinks I've not spent alot over years.

Got it cheap on eBay.
Mending it for a friend.
Swapped it.
Won it in a raffle.

All the above also applies to toys, guitars, amps and effects.

Not sure how much she believed.

Reactions: newguy
I just spent $20 on some low noise props. I only ordered one pair since I just wanted to try them out. Guess what, I didn't look at the website close enough & one pair equals 2 props which is worthless. Now I've got to make another order but it won't be from DJI. Why sell props unless you get four?

I just spent $20 on some low noise props. I only ordered one pair since I just wanted to try them out. Guess what, I didn't look at the website close enough & one pair equals 2 props which is worthless. Now I've got to make another order but it won't be from DJI. Why sell props unless you get four?
Unless you're counting shipping, $20 should be 4 props ... or placing an order for a quantity of 2 pairs.

The Mavic was a somewhat small purchase, considering some of the things I've flown over the years. I've got a helicopter that was considerably more expensive (and is completely obsolete now :().

Last edited:
I've been in this "hobby/profession" for 4 decades. I've flown some turbine jets and helo that cost more than the cars some of us are currently driving. It's an addiction really :)

Reactions: kidroc and BigAl KY
I've been flying since I was about 13 years old, no familymembers in the hobby, just me ;).
Started with foam fixed wing planes, flew that for a few years and then the first quadcopters started to appear.
Sometimes it was quite hard to explain why I wanted to buy something expensive (which it was at that age!).
Now I am 22, engaged for a while, earning my own money and again explaining why I want to buy something very expensive ;).
Luckily she likes the hobby and me buying random hobby stuff doesn't bother her.
When adding everything upp, it seems a lot, but hey we are having some fun!

Reactions: Adamcain112
Reactions: NinjaNut
I have been flying, soaring, driving and sailing some type of RC vehicle since 1972. I have easily spent at least 1 hour (or more) a week enjoying these hobbies. So 45 years at 52 hours a week totals 2340 hours:eek:.
I'm guessing this is a low side figure and most likely is a fair amount higher.:)Thumbswayup
I know for a fact that my total spending is comfortably in the $10k to 20K category.:rolleyes:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daamian86