How much have you spent on your Mavic?

Fly more package 1299
Ipad mini 299
Leg Extensions 20
Filters 79
Decals 10
Sunshade 20
Cable 10

To many extras to list, I'm at 2000.00 without the DJI protection plan....Listed the combo bag for sale on this site, never opened the box...

I just bought the Flymore combo and spare memory cards and a hard case for travel. I do want (not need) another battery. [emoji3]

This thread is a major buzz kill. I'm probably down less on my mavic(s) then the 2 Tarot heavy lifts that I built. Still I forget how it adds up. Now that I see everyone else's list I'm reminded that I have a lot of that same stuff and paid pretty much the same. You cant put a price on happiness but then I do write off a bunch of these expenses as business related though.

Reactions: Robbyg
Mavic (from DJI website): $999
2 Spare Batteries: $178
3rd Spare Battery: $78.21 (used $10.89 DJI Loyalty Credit)
Carry Case (Ebay): $23.39
32 GB Micro SD: free (I won a $25 Target gift card in a contest)
USB SD Card Reader (Ebay): $2.30
Lens Hood (Ebay): $1.85
Motor Caps (Ebay): $2.49
Battery Terminal Covers (Ebay): $7.59
(8) Carbon Fiber Props (Ebay): $12.89 (haven't arrived yet)
Used Laptop (for video editing): $261 (Price was $291, but I sold my old laptop for $30! = $261)
Powedirector 15: $49.99
Landing Pad: $19.99
Anti Glare Screen Protector for IPad Air 2: $6.95
Sun Shade/Hood for IPad Air 2: $7.99
Tablet Bracket/Holder for IPad Air 2: $19.99
TACO-RC ND Filters: $54.99

Total: $1,726.62

I already own the IPad Air 2, so that doesn't count toward any of the cost above.

This thread is a major buzz kill. I'm probably down less on my mavic(s) then the 2 Tarot heavy lifts that I built. Still I forget how it adds up. Now that I see everyone else's list I'm reminded that I have a lot of that same stuff and paid pretty much the same. You cant put a price on happiness but then I do write off a bunch of these expenses as business related though.

True you can't put a price on Happiness but you can put a price on a divorce.:D:D

And to the OP a big Thank You (NOT):mad:
This is one thread I have to make sure is not left open on any of my devices lest my wife see it and my Mavic expenses suddenly go up exponentially.:p

Rob

Last edited:
$800 Mavic
$99 DJI Refresh
$89 Extra Battery
$32 State Farm Policy
$15 Spare Props
$14 Taco Filter
Free Bag (Cost me time writing an amazon review)

Total Investment $1049

I'm a good customer at AliExpress. And a couple of thousands of dollars on apps (Autopilot, FCPX, Color Finale and lots of others)

Sh**!!! Don't let my wife frickin' see this thread!!! I didn't even realize how it adds up!!

All of that -- + $30 for large case and yes, another $25 for a smaller case too!!

For me:

$1136 on the fly more combo (amazon warehouse deal)
$60 Taco RC ND filters
$10 leg extensions
$8 controller protector

Total: $1214

I already have a photography bag and the mavic fits perfectly in it with my DSLR, so I don't think I'll even use it. I'll probably sell it on ebay. They're going for around $50, so I might be able to knock that total down to $1164. Although I'm also likely going to do the state farm insurance, which will balance that out
did the same plus dji refresh less 5% from amazon store card

My wife is one of those thrifty shoppers. She loves 'poppin' tags' at the Goodwill and such. Always bringing home something and then gives me the "it was only a dollar" line. Can't seem to get her to understand those dollars tend to add up. So... as far as she is concerned... it was only a dollar. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! o_O

I got my Combo at GearBest when they had a price cut. Shipping from China to EU was without any customs and taxes :)

1137€ Combo
119€ Care Refresh
40$ set of ND filters
0$ for a remote joystick/screen protector, buddy 3D-printed it for me using blueprints available at thingiverse.com

My Ph3 is up for sale now, will get back roughly 60% of what I paid for it 2 years ago.

I used iPad mini 2 with Ph3, but realized that my 5"+ phone is more than enough and that it's brighter than the iPad (which was my main objection to using it in the end), so now I'm sticking with the phone. Only the DJI Go apps (both 3 and 4) are crapping out on me quite often with Android 7 on the phone.

two fly more combos one at 1100 GBP in Thailand one at !400 GBP in Russia two extra batteries one died so i have 7 (Thailand is a major electricity failure destination)

props loads

a sleeve only one

2016 mac book pro 455 for editing (as wells as work , well that was my excuse) plus the big discount my buisness partner got from apple was attractive. 1800 GBP

and today we added a canon eos 5d mark 4 full frame DSLR with a cannon 24 to 105 EF f/4 lens for the groundwork at around 2800 gbp

oh and an iphone 7 plus 128gb at 850 gbp

all paid for by my company which i now think i have broken financially :))))))

The accountants was not smiling today although i was.

edited to say now i just need to find someone who can use them for me, all the gear and no idea springs to mind right now, but hey its gonna be fun learning i hope

Last edited:
Do we have to count the Dji Googles now ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gooddreamer73