DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much life left on original Mavic pro?

Still have first Mavic pro, batts are hard to keep good,Controller batt goes dead a little ,no crashes ever, gimbal seems a not as smooth when new, very reliable model, now phantom series is a different story, phantom 4pro iv replaced 4-shells, no matter Mechanical shutter,also better gimbal, a little better camera from my Mavic2pro, Long story short they need a Mavic3 with the camera and the gimbal that the phantom has on the Mavic body frame with the 10 bit color I say this because I fly everyDay, with both p4p and Mavic2pro, we will see.

Year at most!!! But they do have 6 month warrenty so if you have to just really keep a good watch on them and if any sign of trouble send itin..

Reactions: Thomas B
The 2 that I kept, one a little under a year and one a little over a year have shown no issues so far. Charge up, don’t seem to last any diff, cells look good during flight and no bulging at all.

is the warranty 6 months after purchase Even for ones as old as these?

I have a crash-free Pro with Fly More combo from December 2016 which is still in very good condition.Each battery has almost 140 cycles, the Pro has more than 500 flights, a total air time of about 110h and covered 1450km distance.
Maybe at some time I might need to replace a battery, maybe I will replace the propellers as precaution, that's all. As long as batteries are available I don't see end of live for the Mavic Pro.
And as it was the most successful drone for DJI from sold units view, I guess they will continue support for further 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes