DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much life left on original Mavic pro?

Dsking85

Reactions
I just purchased my second drone, a Mavic pro fly more package after selling my spark. Love it and it flies great. Got a pretty good deal on it and it only has 2.5 hours of flight time.

i had an order in for a Mavic mini but canceled it. I don’t really care about being under 250g so the lack of features really put me off. Got my Mavic pro package with all the extras for around the price of a mini fly more package.

im wondering how much time I have left before DJI stops supporting or selling parts for the original pro. I have 6 batteries for it, 4 being brand new from the target clearance deal. Hoping I didn’t buy into something that will shortly be obsolete.

Reactions: Paulf10
I think you've got nothing to worry about. It's a great flying and very dependable aircraft and parts are very readily available.

We fly Mavic Pros almost daily (commercially) and some days we get upwards of 3-4 hours of flight time on them. Just stay on top of Proper DJI Battery maintenance and don't leave them fully charged in a hot environment.

WELCOME to the forum from Western NC here.

That’s great to hear. It is a great drone and the camera/video functions are way beyond my abilities as they are so not worried about outgrowing it In that way.

mill be flying it out near Asheville in a couple weeks, renting a cabin 20 min N.

i definitely need to read up on battery maintenance. May be hard to maintain 6 batteries. Seeing target blowing out the batteries on clearance for $20 is what got me thinking about the lack of support.

Reactions: BigAl07
I think you've got nothing to worry about. It's a great flying and very dependable aircraft and parts are very readily available.

We fly Mavic Pros almost daily (commercially) and some days we get upwards of 3-4 hours of flight time on them. Just stay on top of Proper DJI Battery maintenance and don't leave them fully charged in a hot environment.

WELCOME to the forum from Western NC here.
Hey BigA. Another p107 here from WNC, Mars Hill and Weaverville. Where you from?

Hey BigA. Another p107 here from WNC, Mars Hill and Weaverville. Where you from?

I work in downtown Waynesville but actually live in Clyde. We do work over in your area fairly often as well.

Allen :)

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
I just purchased my second drone, a Mavic pro fly more package after selling my spark. Love it and it flies great. Got a pretty good deal on it and it only has 2.5 hours of flight time.

i had an order in for a Mavic mini but canceled it. I don’t really care about being under 250g so the lack of features really put me off. Got my Mavic pro package with all the extras for around the price of a mini fly more package.

im wondering how much time I have left before DJI stops supporting or selling parts for the original pro. I have 6 batteries for it, 4 being brand new from the target clearance deal. Hoping I didn’t buy into something that will shortly be obsolete.
I think the Mavic will be supported for a long time to come. It was a huge success with huge numbers sold so they shouldn't abandon it anytime soon. I own a MP and M2P, and live not far from Asheville, NC. Where are you coming here from?

I think the Mavic will be supported for a long time to come. It was a huge success with huge numbers sold so they shouldn't abandon it anytime soon. I own a MP and M2P, and live not far from Asheville, NC. Where are you coming here from?
I live in Raleigh

Seeing target blowing out the batteries on clearance for $20 is what got me thinking about the lack of support.
[/QUOTE]

In what town in NY, and store was you?? I don't see anything for sell online to but at 20 buck!!!

Seeing target blowing out the batteries on clearance for $20 is what got me thinking about the lack of support.

In what town in NY, and store was you?? I don't see anything for sell online to but at 20 buck!!!
[/QUOTE]

It's NC (North Carolina) I'm pretty sure. I too want to know which Target location though :)

That’s great to hear. It is a great drone and the camera/video functions are way beyond my abilities as they are so not worried about outgrowing it In that way.

mill be flying it out near Asheville in a couple weeks, renting a cabin 20 min N.

i definitely need to read up on battery maintenance. May be hard to maintain 6 batteries. Seeing target blowing out the batteries on clearance for $20 is what got me thinking about the lack of support.

$20 for Mavic pro batteries? I checked target online, still $89.99, you must have got lucky, but if your store still has $20 batteries, I’ll gladly buy 2 for $30each from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
$20 for Mavic pro batteries? I checked target online, still $89.99, you must have got lucky, but if your store still has $20 batteries, I’ll gladly buy 2 for $30each from you.

Another member recently posted a similar scenario and it was also TARGET but our local store is also still showing them "online" at $89 ea.

They won’t show clearance prices online but in the store they were $26. I bought all the ones around my location but you can check the link below and type in your zip to check your area. Limited stock usually means they have 1 left and it’s fairly accurate. They’re usually buried in the end cap clearance section. I found 8 of them but have already parted with a few to friends with Mavics.

just be warned that it’s not 100% and you very well may end up driving there and coming home empty handed. Target is 100x better than Walmart though when it comes to accuracy.

if linking to this is not allowed I apologize and feel free to remove.

Last edited:
They won’t show clearance prices online but in the store they were $26. I bought all the ones around my location but you can check the link below and type in your zip to check your area. Limited stock usually means they have 1 left and it’s fairly accurate. They’re usually buried in the end cap clearance section. I found 8 of them but have already parted with a few to friends with Mavics.

just be warned that it’s not 100% and you very well may end up driving there and coming home empty handed. Target is 100x better than Walmart though when it comes to accuracy.

if linking to this is not allowed I apologize and feel free to remove.

The only location "near" me with them In Stock is Best Buy and it's reporting them to be $105 lol.

Both Targets relatively near me are showing Out Of Stock now. Probably missed the boat lol

There’s still supposed to be 4 at a location near me but I couldn’t find them. Going back later to see if they were put out since then.

It'll only be obsoleted in your mind... or if FAA sells the frequencies to a corporation. If you're concerned, buy some props (I bought spares but am still on my original set). Do get a gimbal guard, and toss the plastic bubble it came with. Protect the gimbal, it's the most vulnerable part.

I expect my MP will outlive me.

Any suggestions for a better gimbal guard than the factory one? Mine also looks different than ones I’ve seen on YouTube videos. I always see people have an outer shell and a separate clip that goes behind the gimbal to hold it in place. Mine just has the outer bubble with 2 prongs attached to it which slip inside the gimbal which seems to serve the same purpose.

I really believe the MP is the most dependable mass market drone there is.. I love mine and fly every week as long as it’s not raining. And have Thousands oh flights on my mavic pro.

Any suggestions for a better gimbal guard than the factory one? Mine also looks different than ones I’ve seen on YouTube videos. I always see people have an outer shell and a separate clip that goes behind the gimbal to hold it in place. Mine just has the outer bubble with 2 prongs attached to it which slip inside the gimbal which seems to serve the same purpose.

Mine looks like the Ultimaxx picture. It shows when in full acceleration, but doesn't give flair like the clear plastic bubble does.

Not trying to hijack your post but those Target batteries in Tennessee were over two years old right out of the box. I returned them on the advice of some the highest respected drone owners on this forum. Just beware of what you have check the manufacturer date on batteries and know how long they have been on shelf not being maintained.

Not trying to hijack your post but those Target batteries in Tennessee were over two years old right out of the box. I returned them on the advice of some the highest respected drone owners on this forum. Just beware of what you have check the manufacturer date on batteries and know how long they have been on shelf not being maintained.
What’s an acceptable age? I checked a couple and they are less than a year.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan