DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How much memory do I need for new iPad to fly my Mini 2

Shortstuff

Reactions
I've asked before did not get any replies. I'm looking at buying a new iPad, either the Mini or 10.2 screen. What would the minimum and recommended memory I should be looking at? 64GB - 128GB - 256GB?

I have a 64 gb iPhone XR x no problem at all. More important is the memory card in the M2, make sure it’s a U3 high speed good for recording 4K.

@Shortstuff unless you are using your iPad to store the pics and videos and edit them using the fly app then even a 32 GB iPad would be sufficient when i fly i have save to cache turned off in the fly app as they are a lower resolution that the images stored on the SD card i recently changed my old 2016 6th gen iPad, for a WIFI only 32 GB 8th gen 10.2 version and it works just fine

Reactions: frankbonatelli
I tend to think the mini is the better size, the remote can become unwieldy with the bigger iPad but if ultimately up to you. Lots of people are happy with the larger one
I do agree that the mini would work better due to its size (easier to handle), but with older eyes I want to get as large a size as I can use as most of my usage is short range and I'm always sitting down. I've already had a small impact with power wires between my house and shed (open air) that I just couldn't see on my iPhone XR screen even with magnifying glasses on. I'm thinking about getting the latest iPad model (8th generation) with 128GB memory and hope it is compatible with my Mini 2.

I do agree that the mini would work better due to its size (easier to handle), but with older eyes I want to get as large a size as I can use as most of my usage is short range and I'm always sitting down. I've already had a small impact with power wires between my house and shed (open air) that I just couldn't see on my iPhone XR screen even with magnifying glasses on. I'm thinking about getting the latest iPad model (8th generation) with 128GB memory and hope it is compatible with my Mini 2.
I totally understand.

But if you were my Dad (he’s about the same age) I’d tell you that you don’t need the 128 GB version unless you have plans for it I’m not privy to.

I think a better investment would be to get the 64 GB iPad Air. It’s newer, slimmer and lighter even through It’s got a larger 10.9” screen and most importantly the processor is 2 whole generations newer and way more powerful. The 128 GB iPad (8th generation) is almost two years old now and is due for an update probably later this year. It would still work just fine but the iPad Air will be relevant longer and I get the impression you aren’t so much worried about the cost but getting the best thing for you.

The processor is way way more important than the amount of storage

The iPad Air is also in the newer style of iPad. It has Face ID like your phone. 128 GB iPad has the finger print scanner like the old iPhones so it feels somewhat dated compared to the Air. It’s really not the latest iPad version. The Air is the newer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shortstuff
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny