DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How often do you use auto exposure?

In what proportion of fights, would you say?
I usually fight :rolleyes: the auto exposure every time by switching to manual, as well as switching off many other auto (flight) settings.
Manual, always (never used auto exposure even once).
Manual WB.
Manual focus most of the times as well.

at least I answered the question......

It depends--perhaps 50-50. If I am taking photos of something that is moving quickly then I will go with AutoExposure because I don't have time to fiddle with exposure settings or even camera settings. But if time is on my side I will always first shoot some with AutoExposure to make sure I get some good photos of what I want and then I will go fully manual so I can tweak.

Reactions: sonof40
It depends--perhaps 50-50. If I am taking photos of something that is moving quickly then I will go with AutoExposure because I don't have time to fiddle with exposure settings or even camera settings. But if time is on my side I will always first shoot some with AutoExposure to make sure I get some good photos of what I want and then I will go fully manual so I can tweak.
With foto's I agree. But with video it is better to set one exposure setting throughout the whole shot. Only manual prevents the WB, shutter speed, and iso to change. A constant setting for the whole clip is what I want.

With foto's I agree. But with video it is better to set one exposure setting throughout the whole shot. Only manual prevents the WB, shutter speed, and iso to change. A constant exposure for the whole clip is what I want.
I agree. I was only talking about photos since that was, I thought, the subject of the inquiry.

Video I always use manual.

For photos, shooting RAW in auto does a good enough job for me.

Just run auto and adjust your auto-exposure +/- EV manually. Keep your zebra pattern up and watch your highlights for clipping.

This way, you are getting an "auto/manual" hybrid. Like a "manually controlled auto".

CT

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ