• Rarely

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Not at all

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Isaac94

Reactions
So I was just casually wondering in my mind, but decided to start a topic on this so those of us who are curious could discuss it here.

How often do you use Normal Mode when flying your Mavic Air ? For me personally, I barely use Normal Mode, even with all the yaw / exp settings all set to a smooth movement, I still don't quite use it, I always go for Tripod Mode ( when I'm filming human / tight spaces / low altitudes ) and Cinematic Mode ( When I'm high up in the air ), so this kind of begs the discussion, when and for what reason do you use Normal Mode ?

I may be in the minority here but I use "normal mode" pretty much all the time. I have the yaw and exp settings adjusted to my liking, and I learned to be gentle with the control sticks. It takes some time to train your fingers to be able to maneuver the AC smoothly, but it is doable. Ease into movements, and ease out of them. There is of course the inevitable jerky move here and there; I do not have the fingers of a surgeon.

I may be in the minority here but I use "normal mode" pretty much all the time. I have the yaw and exp settings adjusted to my liking, and I learned to be gentle with the control sticks. It takes some time to train your fingers to be able to maneuver the AC smoothly, but it is doable. Ease into movements, and ease out of them. There is of course the inevitable jerky move here and there; I do not have the fingers of a surgeon.

I see, yup I know it's doable to achieve smooth movements out of Normal Mode, but I just don't find it any much uses personally, do you hold your RC sticks with the thumb method or the pincher ( thumb + 1 finger ) method ?

Thumbs all the way. I tried the pincher, not for me. I found it very un-natural and awkward. But some people swear by it so I guess it just wasn't for me.

P.S.: A poll may be interesting on this.

Thumbs all the way. I tried the pincher, not for me. I found it very un-natural and awkward. But some people swear by it so I guess it just wasn't for me.

P.S.: A poll may be interesting on this.
I see, same then, I tried it once too, but felt it was so un-natural and the thumb method just comes into it so naturally everytime I fly, so I guess I'm sticking with the natural thumb method all the way, poll is created.

I've been Piloting twin-stick, and single-stick ROVs for over three decades, and I've taught many new Pilots. I always teach them to use the finger & thumb pinch grip. It's a much more delicate way to hold the sticks. Stick with it, and it will soon become natural.

Stewart

I see, same then, I tried it once too, but felt it was so un-natural and the thumb method just comes into it so naturally everytime I fly, so I guess I'm sticking with the natural thumb method all the way, poll is created.
I meant a poll on thumb vs pinch method. But I see you have created the poll already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman