DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How quickly can i brake with the mavic pro at top speed?

dronenewbie

Reactions
I noticed in position mode that when i brake quickly that the drone jerks violently back and appears for a moment that it is going to crash. It prevents itself from crashing, but if the drone reacts that violently when stopping from 20mph, is it safe to stop on a dime when doing 40mph in sport mode? Is it normal to see it do that?

I like to push the limits and I’ve done it at least 100 times. If it breaks out of warranty I’ll fix it, but it still flys like new.

So it doesnt crash when stopping on a dime at 40?
It stops quick but not on a dime. I recommend running the drone at full speed forwards and backwards 10 feet off the ground so you can see and learn how it tilts and dips at full acceleration and deceleration. I practiced this a lot because I wanted to know exactly how far it will coast under different conditions. Never damaged the drone in any way.

Reactions: Vurtle the turtle
u can also modify the braking paramters in assistant. not sure if u have to mod your bird to see these paremeters but if u mod her the paramters are there to adjust to your liking. i have mine modded for assend and dessend. i find sport mode fast enough but u can also change those paremeters too

It stops quick but not on a dime. I recommend running the drone at full speed forwards and backwards 10 feet off the ground so you can see and learn how it tilts and dips at full acceleration and deceleration. I practiced this a lot because I wanted to know exactly how far it will coast under different conditions. Never damaged the drone in any way.

This put my mind at ease. I used your suggestion and watched my drone come to a full stop from 40mph. Lol, just wanted to be sure, didnt wanna wreck the thing as soon as I got it.

This put my mind at ease. I used your suggestion and watched my drone come to a full stop from 40mph. Lol, just wanted to be sure, didnt wanna wreck the thing as soon as I got it.
The pause button will stop it faster than trying to stop it manually by pulling reverse stick. The mavic goes almost 90 degrees trying to stop itself when hitting the pause button.

Reactions: AClineman
i'm with the previous posters;
- hit pause >> really fast braking!
- make the settings a bit more extreme, so pushing the stick backwards creates a really powerful stop

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_