DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How rigid are the UK drone laws

I assume the drone's forward facing obstacle avoidance would stop the drone, but would you then have to reset the maximum ceiling to be able to proceed further up the slope?
It should stop or perhaps detour the drone but only within the speed of approach limits specified in the manual BUT I'd be wary of relying on it 100% i.e. do not approach at the speed limit or near it, and be ready to give full reverse of you think it is not going to work ( that's how I have used the M2P's OA, no detour with the M2P, though I did have it climb in a odd RTH once where I had misjudged the necessary RTH height. :eek: )
Yes you can raise the ceiling at any point, up to 500m if appropriate.
Incidentally if you lower the ceiling to below the drone's current height I think you will find the drone descends into compliance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 123taff
It should stop or perhaps detour the drone but only within the speed of approach limits specified in the manual BUT I'd be wary of relying on it 100% i.e. do not approach at the speed limit or near it, and be ready to give full reverse of you think it is not going to work ( that's how I have used the M2P's OA, no detour with the M2P, though I did have it climb in a odd RTH once where I had misjudged the necessary RTH height. :eek: )
Yes you can raise the ceiling at any point, up to 500m if appropriate.
Incidentally if you lower the ceiling to below the drone's current height I think you will find the drone descends into compliance.
All good points for discussion. - - - - - - Oh for the simplicity of living in "flat" landscapes, but to be fair, those of us lucky enough to live in such "undulating" countryside do have some fantastically varied shooting opportunities as long as we can overcome the flying technicalities! :rolleyes:😆

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett