DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to buy a cheap Mavic 3 or get 2 drones for the price of one.

Don't understand all the excitement about any of DJI's pro controllers - who wants to fly looking at a screen the size of a I phone. In addition, the first controller lacks range when compared to a standard controller. Keep your standard controllers and invest in a good 8" 1200 nit screen monitor like Tripltek so you can see where you're going.

Finally, it seems as if DJI has gone totally nuts with their goofy pricing.

Fly Safe - Mike

Don't understand all the excitement about any of DJI's pro controllers - who wants to fly looking at a screen the size of a I phone. In addition, the first controller lacks range when compared to a standard controller. Keep your standard controllers and invest in a good 8" 1200 nit screen monitor like Tripltek so you can see where you're going.

Fly Safe - Mike
I disagree with the lack of range statement. The DJI RC Pro controller has much more range and 60FPS in the live feed.
There is a huge difference in the smoothness when you are flying with the RC Pro vs the standard controller especially flying close to the ground at the distance.

I get that what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and I am ok with it. I don't question why people use the standard RC with a phone, because it's not my business or my problem. I can see just fine on my RC Pro, thank you.

Reactions: zeusfl
The packaging still says (DJI Smart Controller), but the box photo shows the RC Pro.

Be sure to check the part number (CP.MA.00000369.01) to ensure you don't get the old smart controller.

Just get it from Drone Nerds

Have you flown with the RC Pro? I was saying the same thing, after six years of flying Phantoms with my iPad Mini's.

I did 15 flights on the M3 with the iPad Mini 5 while waiting for the M3Cine to arrive. The toy RC was a huge disappointment.

After more than 130 flights with the RC Pro, I have to say the "tiny" screen is quite functional and so much sharper that I can't imagine going back to the crappy RC-N1 controller, even with the larger iPad screen.

Reactions: Coskier
I have an extra RC-N1 if anyone wants it, with the 3 cables, $50 net to me after fees and shipping

Reactions: GadgetGuy

Fly Safe - Mike
The signal power output of the RC-Pro is actually 4x stronger than the RC-N1, so you must be confusing the 3 year old SC with the brand new RC-Pro. The RC-Pro also has the same same stick controls as the new DJI FPV Drone. The diagonal 5.5 inch screen measurement is deceptive. It is far larger in area than any 5.5” cell phone I have ever seen. It actually measures 6.63” x 2.63”. With its mini HDMI out port, you can hook it up to any size monitor you want, and mount it above, or on a tripod next to the RC-Pro, including your Tipltek. A 7” Feelgood monitor only costs $200. I still like the RC-N1 when I want to use my iPad and the iOS version of Fly, so I recommend owning both! At least I can stop it from heart attack beeping below 15% battery! Working on finding the transducer inside the RC-Pro, so I can muffle it, too!
Pricing? $1200 as a standalone. $1750 inside an Air 2S Combo kit. What's wrong with that? Buy the Air 2S Combo w/RC-Pro!

Reactions: DJW43 and PAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661