DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to calibrate compass?

Actually, could somebody with Moverio and DJI Go 4.3.0 confirm whether the attitude indicator works correctly? Mine is showing the aircraft and the map 90 degrees to the left of what it should be! Sky Map is spot on, so it should be the bug in DJI - it thinks I'm in portrait mode or something...

Last edited:
Off in DJI Go or everywhere? Did you try Sky Map? I have it spot on in the latter, but 90 degrees off in the former.

I had a terrible time getting the headset to calibrate...until I removed my Apple Watch! LOL

Mine is off by 90 deg in the GO4 and Litchi apps and has been since day one and that’s over a year ago. Use another device and the on screen compass was spot on to the drone location and orientation. I even called epson and their fix was to send me out another pair since they wouldn’t calibrate. To no big surprise the new ones were also 90 off but the compass error was gone. Good luck because anyone who has successfully calibrated these moverio glasses is either lying or mistaking the results. Not one video I found showing a successful calibration and have the drones location and orientation be correctly represented in the radar portion of the OSD.

Mine is off by 90 deg in the GO4 and Litchi apps and has been since day one and that’s over a year ago. Use another device and the on screen compass was spot on to the drone location and orientation. I even called epson and their fix was to send me out another pair since they wouldn’t calibrate. To no big surprise the new ones were also 90 off but the compass error was gone. Good luck because anyone who has successfully calibrated these moverio glasses is either lying or mistaking the results. Not one video I found showing a successful calibration and have the drones location and orientation be correctly represented in the radar portion of the OSD.
Hi Schwagg,
I have been playing with my new Moverio BT00 and i'm in the same situation.

The Moverio compass is -90deg off from true north (or +270 if you like). I'm assuming the compass in the headset is out of wack. If the drone camera and me wearing the glasses are both facing true north, then the tiny circle with the n on the perimeter of the radar screen is at approx -90 deg from north. The red jets in both the radar screen and main map view both agree and point correctly in the direction the drone is facing.

The compass calibration app just does not work. Frustrating. Like you I have been unable to find anything on YT or anywhere else that gives a sensible and positive answer.

The prompt to calibrate the Moverio compass keeps popping up. To get rid of this I uninstalled the Epson Moverio calibration app. Now at least I don't get the prompt every time I boot up, but the problem remains.

Anyone from Epson listening? This is a long standing issue from what I gather on some or possibly all BT300's. Hope it's not something we are just forced to live with.

PS: I have only tried the GO4 app, not Litchi or Epson Drone Soar.

Last edited:
Steady Eddie,
I’m also unable to get the epson soar to work. Amazing marketing videos and demos but that AR app would of been nice to try out.

Epson,

Where are you? Have the Moverio’s been abandoned? Can we get DJI Fly or an app so we can use the Moverio’s with a Mavic Mini?

I can live with the compass issue but not having an app to fly the Mavic Mini with using the bt-300 is a complete let down. What a perfect world travel bundle.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair