DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to calibrate GPS on mavic air

heydave23

Reactions
Hey I'm a p3 owner and just finally got my Mavic air. It asked me to calibrate the compass the first time, but then I changed location by a few miles and I thought I needed to do it again. I don't see how to do it. Does this drone not need this done to the compass every location change? I'm kind of paranoid until I find out more. Thanks [emoji5]

DJI says only needs to be done when it says it needs to be done. It will say calibrate compass instead of ready.
Double check by making sure orientation arrow is pointed same direction as the drone.
Tap status bar at top of the Go4 app and calibration is 3rd option down.

I always hover for a minute at takeoff and check that all controls are responding properly and the arrow is pointing right before flying the mission.

That said my calibration is wonky on my Air and will likely need a return. It will give me a failure to calibration error and then suddenly show that it’s calibrated and work fine.
It is frustrating and a bit nerve racking when I have limited time to get airborne.

Hey I'm a p3 owner and just finally got my Mavic air. It asked me to calibrate the compass the first time, but then I changed location by a few miles and I thought I needed to do it again. I don't see how to do it. Does this drone not need this done to the compass every location change? I'm kind of paranoid until I find out more. Thanks [emoji5]
No it don't need calibration for reasonable location change.
The calibration process is started from the MC settings, advanced settings, sensors state, compass, calibrate compass.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu