DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to charger 5 batteries in 60 min

• Thread starter Deleted member 109934
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 109934

I finally got my Mavic mini 6 in 1 charger in the mail! I did a quick test, and it works like a charm. I always store my batteries at 30-40%, and when the weather turns out to be great like today, I always have to wait before going out and flying. It drives me bunkers. Sometimes I start charging all my 5 batteries in the morning, only to realize it will rain or snow, and then I have to discharge them because another few days will be cold or not ideal for flying.
My first world battery problems are solved, I can top out all 5 of my batteries in 60min or less. 60min it is time that pretty much takes me to get out of the house.
I did a quick video with 10min charge, not sponsored, paid my $40, worth every penny. I love USB stock charger as well and the ability to charge via power bank. So far I think it is my best accessory.

Thanks for posting :)
The only unfortunate thing is that it does not function as automatic draining device after a week or so :(

Right now it looks like the only options we have for discharging is either firing up the drone or using the Fly More charging hub as a power bank and hooking a USB device to it...

Naive question from a n00b, Why would you want to discharge the batteries between use?

Batteries do not like to be stored fully charged; you can extend their life by storing them discharged. In the case when you charged your batteries fully, but didn't have the chance to fly for a long time; 2 weeks and up, it is better for them to discharge them and store at 40-50%.

Thanks for posting :)
The only unfortunate thing is that it does not function as automatic draining device after a week or so :(

Yeah charger doesn't have a dedicated discharge function. After your post, I connected one battery at 53% from 1:00 to 9:00 for about 7 hours, charger was unplugged all the lights blinking, the battery was discharged to 25%, I will do the same later on with 4 batteries connected and see if discharged happens at the same rate. I'm also curious if it has some kind of protection or if I leave it for longer it will kill the battery to 0%, eg in case power outage etc.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
Yeah charger doesn't have a dedicated discharge function. After your post, I connected one battery at 53% from 1:00 to 9:00 for about 7 hours, charger was unplugged all the lights blinking, the battery was discharged to 25%, I will do the same later on with 4 batteries connected and see if discharged happens at the same rate. I'm also curious if it has some kind of protection or if I leave it for longer it will kill the battery to 0%, eg in case power outage etc.
That would be interesting to see!

I sacrificed on of the charge cables to my Yx charger to connect to a ISDT FD-100 discharger. I could have just made an adaptor for the discharger but didn't have the female plug, but, I only have 3 MM batteries anyway. This setup automatically discharges to 60% and stops on it own in 5 or 10 minutes.
View attachment 89274

This looks nice, why not using DC jack female, this would save the cable in case you buy an extra battery, would it work?

Reactions: Lifeisfun
Batteries do not like to be stored fully charged; you can extend their life by storing them discharged. In the case when you charged your batteries fully, but didn't have the chance to fly for a long time; 2 weeks and up, it is better for them to discharge them and store at 40-50%.
I hate wasting a battery cycle by discharging the battery. Gives me a good reason to fly the Mini.

Reactions: RopsoFPV
A more efficient way to put batteries into levels is to either fly them down to storage levels or after done flying to say 20-30%, put them on the parallel charger for about 10-15mins and it should be within storage charge range (3.7v or ~40-50% charge).

Otherwise you are wasting cycles on these overpriced batteries with discharge devices which do nothing more than put out heat.

Of course its your money but I'd rather keep the charge cycles for flying - DJI gets enough of my money as is.

Reactions: Dmascot
Storage charge and storage discharge are two different things. In a perfect world, one would never need to discharge a full battery, but stuff happens. It would be nice to have a charger that would do both.
Yup storage discharge is a waste of half a cycle. If they were just cheap LiPo packs like those found in HK I probably wouldnt care so much, but the markup DJI puts on their batteries makes me think twice about how they batteries are used. They're literally the ink cartridges of the drone world, except the drones don't cost $5 like the inkjet printers do.

Do these batteries need to discharged to a storage charge? I know lipo batteries need to be for long life but the Mavic Mini batteries are lithium-ions. I have many rc cars and I only charge the batteries right before use. If i don't use them I will set them to storage charge even if it is just for overnight. I was under the impression these are more tolerable to sitting with a full charge. I wouldn't leave them fully charged for a month but I thought a week or so wouldn't hurt the life expectancy. Am I wrong thinking this?

Do these batteries need to discharged to a storage charge? I know lipo batteries need to be for long life but the Mavic Mini batteries are lithium-ions. I have many rc cars and I only charge the batteries right before use. If i don't use them I will set them to storage charge even if it is just for overnight. I was under the impression these are more tolerable to sitting with a full charge. I wouldn't leave them fully charged for a month but I thought a week or so wouldn't hurt the life expectancy. Am I wrong thinking this?
Yes, partially discharge them for storage longer then 2 weeks or so.

I sacrificed on of the charge cables to my Yx charger to connect to a ISDT FD-100 discharger. I could have just made an adaptor for the discharger but didn't have the female plug, but, I only have 3 MM batteries anyway. This setup automatically discharges to 60% and stops on it own in 5 or 10 minutes.
View attachment 89274

Lovely setup, I'm looking to do something like it.
But I dont have any Yx cables, so will have to make something..
Do you know if i need to parallel connect to both +/- outputs, or can i use just one of them?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife