DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to check if your Mavic has internal MicroSD ?

vinhidalgo

Reactions
Hello guys,

Is there a way to check or verify If the Mavic has an internal MicroSD ?

I'm not talking about built dates, but something to use?

Maybe a command or tool to use to check that?

Thank you guys.

An "internal" SD card? What is that? Either you have an SD card slot under the little cover or not. Are you talking about an internal memory (not an SD card)? If so, no the Mavic Pro does not. But the Mavic Air does have 8 GB of internal memory. If you plug your USB cable in it would show as a separate "drive." What did you mean by "build dates"?

Reactions: MiniPalourde
An "internal" SD card? What is that? Either you have an SD card slot under the little cover or not. Are you talking about an internal memory (not an SD card)? If so, no the Mavic Pro does not. But the Mavic Air does have 8 GB of internal memory. If you plug your USB cable in it would show as a separate "drive." What did you mean by "build dates"?
The Mavic Pro does have an internal micro sd slot(totally separate from the one under the flap that you referred to). Older models came with a card preinstalled, while newer models don't. Downgrading to older firmware requires this extra slot have an sd card installed in it. I presume this is why OP was asking. If it doesn't have a card installed, the only way to downgrade firmware is to take apart the mavic and install a card. At some point DJI stopped putting the cards in. Using the build date(the date the drone was made) can help one determine if theirs came with the card preinstalled or not.

Sorry OP, I know know way of knowing short of taking the mavic apart.

The Mavic Pro does have an internal micro sd slot(totally separate from the one under the flap that you referred to). Older models came with a card preinstalled, while newer models don't. Downgrading to older firmware requires this extra slot have an sd card installed in it. I presume this is why OP was asking. If it doesn't have a card installed, the only way to downgrade firmware is to take apart the mavic and install a card. At some point DJI stopped putting the cards in. Using the build date(the date the drone was made) can help one determine if theirs came with the card preinstalled or not.

Sorry OP, I know know way of knowing short of taking the mavic apart.

Yes, that's my point. I need to verify if this Mavic has an internal MicroSD in the main board to perform some downgrades

Sorry a bit of a typo on that last sentence. It was supposed to say "Sorry OP, I don't know any way of knowing short of taking the mavic apart." I could be wrong, but I think the only two ways to know are to use the build date, and to take the mavic apart.

Sorry a bit of a typo on that last sentence. It was supposed to say "Sorry OP, I don't know any way of knowing short of taking the mavic apart." I could be wrong, but I think the only two ways to know are to use the build date, and to take the mavic apart.
Have you tried to downgrade? and if Yes, is there a part where it could give you an error so it's because no SD card?

Thank you.

Have you tried to downgrade? and if Yes, is there a part where it could give you an error so it's because no SD card?

Thank you.
I have downgraded before, but mine does have an internal card. And yes, if you do not have a card, you will get an error. I don't know that from experience, but have read from other users about it happening. I didn't read of anything negative happening when they tried and got the error so you might just try it and see how it goes. Why don't you want to use the build date to determine? It should be able to tell you.

I have downgraded before, but mine does have an internal card. And yes, if you do not have a card, you will get an error. I don't know that from experience, but have read from other users about it happening. I didn't read of anything negative happening when they tried and got the error so you might just try it and see how it goes. Why don't you want to use the build date to determine? It should be able to tell you.
It’s because it’s a brand new unit. Already tried to downgrade and never had an error or problem. Strange thing is that it’s a brand new unit, it had the very first FW version. Not the latest. Then I upgraded. Was not happy then downgraded. Never got errors. I then needed to make some panoramic shots so upgraded again. Since I upgrade from the beginning started to have compass issues and red arrow not pointing the front of the Mavic that’s why I want to downgrade again but I’m just wondering why I’m not getting errors just like if this unit has an internal card. I don’t want to open it because It will void it’s warrant.

This is just a stupid thing I know, but I just wanted to ask you guys so no worries.

You have an internal sd card. If it came with the first version of firmware, no doubt about it. One thing that is common when upgrading after downgrading is having to do the same upgrade 2 or 3 times to make sure everything "sticks." When I first upgraded after downgrading, none of my sensors were working. DJI Go 4 showed them as being on and enabled, but they weren't working at all. Only after I did the upgrade process a second time did all the sensors work again. Have you tried refreshing the upgrade or whatever DJI assistant calls it?

It’s because it’s a brand new unit. Already tried to downgrade and never had an error or problem. Strange thing is that it’s a brand new unit, it had the very first FW version. Not the latest. Then I upgraded. Was not happy then downgraded. Never got errors. I then needed to make some panoramic shots so upgraded again. Since I upgrade from the beginning started to have compass issues and red arrow not pointing the front of the Mavic that’s why I want to downgrade again but I’m just wondering why I’m not getting errors just like if this unit has an internal card. I don’t want to open it because It will void it’s warrant.

This is just a stupid thing I know, but I just wanted to ask you guys so no worries.
My guess is you got a brand new unit that's been on a shelf for a while.
My newer unit came without the internal SD and was running 1.04.0100 the AC was locked with SD error when you try to start the motors after downgrading.

One thing that is common when upgrading after downgrading is having to do the same upgrade 2 or 3 times to make sure everything "sticks." When I first upgraded after downgrading, none of my sensors were working. DJI Go 4 showed them as being on and enabled, but they weren't working at all. Only after I did the upgrade process a second time did all the sensors work again.

Yup I've done a few mavic downgrades and always have to reinstall the firmware a couple times before everything "sticks"

Reactions: genesimmons
Maybe this video will give some insight.

You posted in the Platinum section. No Platinum ever had an internal SD card, so it's easy.
I think he may have posted in the wrong section. He said he had downgraded it and he didn't put a card in. You have to have the card to successfully downgrade.

I think he may have posted in the wrong section. He said he had downgraded it and he didn't put a card in. You have to have the card to successfully downgrade.
Agreed, I think we have cleared that up. I think?:rolleyes:

What file format should it have?
FAT32, nfts or exFAT?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb