DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to easily revert back from version 4.3.42 to version 4.3.38 of DJI Go 4 App

fguthrie

Reactions
Hello, I installed version 4.3.42 of the DJI Go 4 app from DJI and after installing it on my smart controller, the compass is not working right. I want to revert back to 4.3.38 and I'm looking for the APK file. I'm pretty sure I could do a factory reset and get it updated that way, but as I have other apps on the controller, flight data, etc. I would rather not.

I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

You can try the apkmirror site, bit I think the latest version that they have of Go 4 is 4.3.37

I just discovered something that may help other's that have installed v4.3.42 and want to revert back to v4.3.38 on the smart controller. This worked for me! Note: This only works if you have upgraded to a later version than v4.3.38. If you open installed apps and then click on the DJI go 4 app (see screenshot), you will see 3 dots in the upper right hand corner (could have been the hamburger lines too - don't remember exactly). You will not see those in the screenshot I am providing as I already reverted back - I am offering the screenshot so you know where to go. Click the dots, you will see the option to revert back to v4.3.38.

*** NOTE THIS WILL ERASE ALL DJI GO 4 APPLICATION DATA. LOG FILES, ETC. *** Copy them off first if you want to keep them.

After I did this, I did have to go through the tutorial, etc., but the compass now works again. I also did a test flight - everything works great!

Lesson learned. Even though there is a new and shiny version on the DJI website, wait for the smart controller to tell you there is an upgrade!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210228-111427.png
    Screenshot_20210228-111427.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member