DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to edit 4K videos on iPad?

Maisum

Reactions
Well, I threw away my old computer 5 years ago and I have been living OK with my iPad Air since then. Now my Mavic produces gorgeous 4K videos and My iPad doesn't know how to handle with it. I've been doing some research... but, hmm, is Luma Fusion the answer? Please, I need some expert advice here. And if I had too I would prefer to buy an iPad pro instead of a MacBook! I've been a photographer with no interest in videos, now that cinematic way the Mavic shows me the world is... impossible to ignore!

I can not see how an iPad could ever handle processing 4k video.

Welcome to the Dark Side.
Its more than a hobby, more like an obsession.
You will need a powerful computer and some good programmes to get the most out of this.
Its also a big learning curve to get from happy snaps to good production.

I know the feeling I have spent the whole day messing with different programmes that I can't actually bond with. Some of these seem to be deliberately non intuitive.
Got about 2 mins of video for my efforts.

Reactions: aerialcameras
Shoot 720 and use your existing hardware and learn to edit. iMovie will let you clip off and trim shots with some basic color adjustments and filters. Editing is so much more than knowing your software. Editing is more about taste and what to leave in and what to leave out. I speak from a position of great authority because I suck at editing and have great people who make me look better than I actually am

I have edited on Luma Fusion actually a decent amount. It is not terrible. It will not be as good as Resolve, Final Cut or the likes. But it does handle 4k pretty good. I would not recommend it on a iPad Air. I have an iPad Pro and it is alright. I have not upgraded my PC yet to edit 4k, so in the meantime it works and is useful.

On the iPad? You must like pain.

1. Dont shoot in 4K. you'll not see it in 4k anyway.
2. you can cut/splice in iMovie easy enough. Some limited transitions and titles are there, and you can add music.
3. Same can be said for Pinnacle Pro, and probably other apps as well.
4. Just use the DJI app (DJI GO 4) and be done with it that way.
5. Make sure you have plenty of storage on the iPad for this...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa