DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini How to Fly Through an Arch

Even for the mini this was a pretty nice risk and reward. That Second line up was exceptional .
I think i would have tried to inch my way thru slowly and crashed,

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Last edited:
Reactions: JimSteadman
Seems to me there is always an almighty force drawing the drone to the side!

Yikes! Super cool move for sure, great to know how to set it up. I just have a huge fear of loosing signal once through. Are you and the CC control unit positioned above the arch's altitude to help the signal bridge faster? I would be freaking out if I lost signal while it was on the opposite side pulling up. especially after hearing the drone retraces it's flight path for 50 feet after signal loss. OMG, I wonder if it retraces exactly???

Yikes! Super cool move for sure, great to know how to set it up. I just have a huge fear of loosing signal once through. Are you and the CC control unit positioned above the arch's altitude to help the signal bridge faster? I would be freaking out if I lost signal while it was on the opposite side pulling up. especially after hearing the drone retraces it's flight path for 50 feet after signal loss. OMG, I wonder if it retraces exactly???
Thanks everyone.
Yes, loosing the signal is something to worry about for sure once through the arch. Most iimportant thing is for the piot to set the RTH altitude much higher than the hill or mountain the arch is in. When signal is lost the drone stops immediately and then climbs vertically to the RTH altitude before retuirning home, so if RTH is set high enough there will not be a problem. If RTH is not set high enough then the drone would simply turn to the Home point and fly home, likely hitting the mountain on the way. With extreme luck it might fly back through the arch! Good point, I should have pointed that out in the video. To be honest, I rarely think about the RTH setting as I leave mine maxed out since I fly in mountains a lot. I have lost signal a few times and the drone always reconnects as soon as it climbs a hundred feet or so, at which point I simply continue the flight.

Wow! Very impressive.

I've tried to send my drone (M2P) through a 3 ft by 3 ft cardboard box with sensors turned off and the drone automatically still climbed up and hit the top.

How did you get your drone to go straight through without automatically ascending?

I would be nervous about magnetic interference from the mountain or unusual up or down drafts from winds around mountains. Nonetheless, you did well. You could also then try smoothing out the flight with some kind of warp stabilizer in editing.

Wow! Very impressive.

I've tried to send my drone (M2P) through a 3 ft by 3 ft cardboard box with sensors turned off and the drone automatically still climbed up and hit the top.

How did you get your drone to go straight through without automatically ascending?
I dont think the DJI Mini 2 is designed to ascend when close to the ground. I could be wrong so please correct me if I am. If that is the case I wont be doing that again! I have flown below 2' above the ground many times and the drone has never tried to ascend. Here is an example from one of my previous videos, starting at 4:00 where the drone is around 1' above the ground. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet