DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to fly up to the mountain top using Litchi waypoint mission

abtocmeptb

Reactions
If anyone willing to school me on that topic or point me to the youtube videos on that topic.....

I want to create a mission to fly to a 800 meters mountain top with Mavic zoom. Easy way would have been fly up to 830 meters and fly straight line to the top afterwards.....But litchi limits me at 500m

I read and watched videos regarding flying RTG and also use virtual litchi mission often but I'd love to see what tactics out there while creating such mission.

thanks

Have several Litchi waypoint missions that start at our ranch housec(5600 ft) and fly up the mountain (6700 ft) on our ranch. It cruises around the peak then surveys the canyon on tje way back home. Use this after thunderstorm to look for potential lightning stikes that may initiate a wildfire.

This is not a total line of sight mission so waypoints is an absolute. I make sure i check the AGL box in Litchi and specify a altitude above ground level, as want to be able to clear the taller pine trees. First time or two i usually am pretty conservatve and do 150-200 feet AGL. After reviewing the video i carefully alter the AGL in area that seem safe to do so (no rocky outcrops jutting up or really tall trees). Dont entirely teust Google Earth so enen in flat meadows usually am at least 60-70 feet AGL.

Have the heading set so i control heading of AC w joystick so I can look around on the mission.

Lastly try a couple of easy AGL missions that are easy to be sure you have the hang of it before heading up the mountain.

Reactions: abtocmeptb
One other issue you probably are aware of is mountain winds are capricious and unpredictable. Winds at launch site may be negligible but 1000 feet higher winds funneling down a canyon may be a gusty turbulent 25-30 mph.

Buena Suerte

Reactions: abtocmeptb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctiptonk