DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOW TO GET A BETTER RANGE WITH MAVIC MINI? I AM GETTING ONLY MAX 250M RANGE!!

prathamesh_dji

Reactions
I am not getting even a 1km range in the Mavic mini which is supposed to have a 4km range. the longest I have got is 320m. Any solutions?? Do yagi antennas help in better range?

• Wow
Reactions: Jam0ne
You should be getting more than 320m, even with a fair amount of urban interference, even with a CE Mini. Go try in an unpopulated remote place, if you still only manage 320m then let DJI fix it.
For extending range I use parabolic reflectors and for even more range I use 2.4ghz yagi's in combination with the parabolic reflectors on my CE Mini.
I have reached 3km distance in an unpolulated area (no obstacles between controller and drone.) The yagi drawback is that it is very directional so you need to know exactly where your drone is. I found the parabolic reflectors definately worth the expense.

You should be getting more than 320m, even with a fair amount of urban interference, even with a CE Mini. Go try in an unpopulated remote place, if you still only manage 320m then let DJI fix it.
For extending range I use parabolic reflectors and for even more range I use 2.4ghz yagi's in combination with the parabolic reflectors on my CE Mini.
I have reached 3km distance in an unpolulated area (no obstacles between controller and drone.) The yagi drawback is that it is very directional so you need to know exactly where your drone is. I found the parabolic reflectors definately worth the expense.
3km distance huh ? Is that in your VLOS ? Just asking.

3km distance huh ? Is that in your VLOS ? Just asking.
I gave a technically sound answer to the OP based on my practical personal experience with a CE Mavic Mini drone. I am convinced his VLOS will exceed 320m, given his age. My VLOS capability is irrelevant to the OP's question and your sarcastic tone is sadly misplaced and not really appreciated on a thread concerning technical issues.

I gave a technically sound answer to the OP based on my practical personal experience with a CE Mavic Mini drone. I am convinced his VLOS will exceed 320m, given his age. My VLOS capability is irrelevant to the OP's question and your sarcastic tone is sadly misplaced and not really appreciated on a thread concerning technical issues.
And my reply was NOT meant for you. It was meant for the OP.
I RESPECTFULLY admit, I can not see a mini at 1km away. That’s out of my personal VLOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman