DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get best vid?

laura schlenker

Reactions
I have a few questions on video, are there any common settings that I should do to get the best possible video I can. I'm not only new to drones but taking quality Vidieos as well! also is putting the card in the card reader in the laptop the best way to get the video to my laptop with the best image quality ?

Here are some suggestions for shooting video:

Reactions: Skydog
..just a query, I think all Mavic owners who have received the unit realised that now the camera has a 2x zoom function via toggle button on controller at lower right of screen? IMHO its optical zoom (versus digital).. :)

..just a query, I think all Mavic owners who have received the unit realised that now the camera has a 2x zoom function via toggle button on controller at lower right of screen? IMHO its optical zoom (versus digital).. :)

I am pretty sure it's digital zoom. The default video recording was set to 1080p thus you have the option to zoom in and out (due to extra pixels available). Once you switch to 4K recording the zoom function gets disabled.

4K gives the best video quality as that's the native resolution from the sensor. Shooting 1080p and below means the image processor has to downscale the recordings which is less ideal.

Shooting in 4K also means you need a larger memory card and a more powerful machine for video editing.

If you can edit 4K you may as well, or try the 2.7K
1080p will be easier to work on and try different settings if you like playing with the file later.

If you only want to do basic editing like cut bits out, best option seems to be record on the 'None' setting but even then the sharpening seems a bit harsh might be best on -1 or even -2
It's usually best to have the exposure down a bit if anything but see what you like. Try -0.3 or -0.5.
If it looks a bit dark brightening it up when editing is better than trying to recover over exposed scenes.

Reactions: maveric and Chase R

It is definitely digital zoom which is why it doesn't work when shooting 4K.

If you can edit 4K you may as well, or try the 2.7K
1080p will be easier to work on and try different settings if you like playing with the file later.

If you only want to do basic editing like cut bits out, best option seems to be record on the 'None' setting but even then the sharpening seems a bit harsh might be best on -1 or even -2
It's usually best to have the exposure down a bit if anything but see what you like. Try -0.3 or -0.5.
If it looks a bit dark brightening it up when editing is better than trying to recover over exposed scenes.

I shot a couple videos in 4K (24 and 30 fps) but I like the results from the 2.7K at 30fps the best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11