DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get maps on my control for my M2ED?

ikarma

Reactions
I just got a M2ED and I can't figure out how to get it to show maps in the lower left. It is using DJI Pilot on the RM500. Mapbox doesn't seem to be working. I've connected to wifi and the offline maps won't download. How are you guys using the maps.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

See if this
YT video helps

I just got a M2ED and I can't figure out how to get it to show maps in the lower left. It is using DJI Pilot on the RM500. Mapbox doesn't seem to be working. I've connected to wifi and the offline maps won't download. How are you guys using the maps.
Go to pilots page in the upper right hand corner click on it and it says off-line map and then data. I’m trying to remember I’m sitting in a restaurant trying to remember exactly what I did but he will come to two choices of the top one is off in the bottom one says enable map data I think in, leave it on. I will look when I get back home and make sure I’m telling you correctly hook them horns

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

See if this
YT video helps
Go to pilots page in the upper right hand corner click on it and it says off-line map and then data. I’m trying to remember I’m sitting in a restaurant trying to remember exactly what I did but he will come to two choices of the top one is off in the bottom one says enable map data I think in, leave it on. I will look when I get back home and make sure I’m telling you correctly hook them horns
Sorry, I misled you , after tapping on the three bars in the upper-right hand corner, select settings, then local data mode, and then leave local data mode OFF and enable map request ON. This worked for me after many non-productive chats with DJI support.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks guys, I figured it out. I needed to upgrade the controller. The update kept coming up but said it was only recommended for the Advanced and the inspire. So I installed it and it changed mapbox to a different provider.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Thanks guys, I figured it out. I needed to upgrade the controller. The update kept coming up but said it was only recommended for the Advanced and the inspire. So I installed it and it changed mapbox to a different provider.
That's likely the reason for the newer "low res" satellite images on all DJI controllers with built-in screens. The new map provider offers no "high res" satellite images.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne