DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get the RTC (return to controller) working

Leonoutthere

Reactions
Hi Community.

I hope somebody can assist me. The return to controller location is not working for me. This is what happens.

I power up the drone, controller and the DJI Go app on my iPhone. Then I fly the drone about 100 away around 120 ft high. I walk about 50 feet away from the original taking off point. Then I hover it, and on the app I tap the top 3 dots on the top right corner. And select to return to the controller location option. Then I fly the drown around further by around 100 ft. Then I press the return to home bottom (same results whether I press the RTH button on the controller or the RTH button on the app. The drone then flies back to where it took off from instead of to where the controller is. Is anybody else having this issue? How can I resolve it?

You help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks, Leon.

Thanks Masheen,

I will try that swipe from Right to Left and see it that does the trick. Thanks for your response.

Hi. So I took the drone out flying today and mowed through 3 batteries trying to get the return to controller to work correctly.

This is what happened:

Where ever I take off from that is the home point (as it should be), then I fly the drone away around 150 ft, and then I walk about 60 feet away. On the controller I swipe from right to left as suggested and I select the return to controller option. I get a message on the display that says that the new home point has been set at the controller. Then I press the return to home button on the controller ( I also did it with the app) and I get the same result. It flys back to the original take off location. A clue is that on my map the blue dot that I believe should move as I walk around stays in the same place even if I walk around it fixed at the take off location. If anybody know how to resolve this it would be greatly appreciated.

This all started when I went boating and it flew to where it took off from a few miles away and I was able to land it on land before the battery ran out. I am determined to get this feature working so it does not happen again.

Any help would be appreciated. I can post the flight logs or screen shots if it would help anybody figure this out for me.

Thanks gang.

Hi. My RTH button is not working either. I've recalibrated after crashing my Mavic. The recalibration went well but it still doesn't work. Very frustrating
Your problem with your drone going back to its original takeoff point. As I understood it. The takeoff point is programmed in to the drone as it takes off. Or you can set it manually. I'm not sure it will sense your controller and alter where it wants to land if you move away. Regards Bing

Your problem with your drone going back to its original takeoff point. As I understood it. The takeoff point is programmed in to the drone as it takes off. Or you can set it manually. I'm not sure it will sense your controller and alter where it wants to land if you move away. Regards Bing
If your phone or tablet has inbuilt GPS, then the RTC function is there for when you want to change your drone’s point of return. E.g. you decided to walk or cycle from the point of take off while it’s flying and want to enable an auto return to where your end up. The main point is that your device MUST have inbuilt GPS. The problem the OP is having is that the system reports a weak device GPS and won’t let him use the RTC function

Apple gps sucks and is usually not accurate enough for this to work. Many people have issues with “Follow me” mode for the same reason. You can load up a 3rd party gps info app from the Apple store and see how low the accuracy is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000