DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get videos and photos to mac with cable

PilotSmith

Reactions
Does anyone have issues getting video/photos from a Mavic to a Mac using the cable?
If I take out the SD card out and put it in my mac I can access of the files but if I try to use the cable I don't see anything from the mac

I see nobody answered your question. I have the exact opposite problem. I shot footage on my new Mavic Zoom, recorded on a 128GB microSD card, and then tried to transfer it to my Mac using two different adapters. Each time, my Mac saw the card and asked if I wanted to format it, but didn't recognize anything on it. (I do know that my Mac reads this same microSD card when I use it to record with my dash cam in my car.) However, when I connected my Mavic Zoom (with the same microSD card installed) to my Mac with the USB cable, I was able to transfer the files just fine. Anyone have any idea why this would be? Thanks!

I was having the same problem with Windows, until I
I discovered you have to have the drone turned on. Go figure

Reactions: JD2020
I was having the same problem with Windows, until I
I discovered you have to have the drone turned on. Go figure
Yes, that's the answer to the OP's question from a year ago, but I have the opposite problem. I can only get the footage from the microSD card when it's in the drone (and powered on, you're right), but not from the card directly.

Yes, that's the answer to the OP's question from a year ago, but I have the opposite problem. I can only get the footage from the microSD card when it's in the drone (and powered on, you're right), but not from the card directly.

Maybe it’s the formatting of the card? If I remember right, mac has to have fat32 to read directly (or ex-fat32).....

Maybe it’s the formatting of the card? If I remember right, mac has to have fat32 to read directly (or ex-fat32).....
That thought has occurred to me, but the OP in this thread reports no problem in using the card directly in his Mac, so that would rule out it being a formatting compatibility issue, right?

Reactions: Cslucas34
Does anyone have issues getting video/photos from a Mavic to a Mac using the cable?
If I take out the SD card out and put it in my mac I can access of the files but if I try to use the cable I don't see anything from the mac
@PilotSmith and @Cslucas34: I researched this yesterday and found out all of this has to do with how and where you format the microSD card. Here's my post detailing what I learned:

Using Micro USB with Apple Mac computers (compatibility issues)...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S