Join Us Now

HOW TO HAND CATCH/LAND A DRONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan48

Reactions
Hand catch is very easy.
Position:
HOVER the drone about 1.5 feet above your outreached hand [if your hand was reaching out],​
1 foot in front of you​
pointing away from you.​
Initiate a landing command by pulling the left stick down and holding down!
As the drone begins to lower ONLY then place your hand below the drone body.
Let the drone continue to land on your hand, do not reach your hand UP. Let it lower itself into your hand.
Once the drone makes contact with your hand firmly grab the body. Do not lower your hand until the drone powers down the props.
Then release the left stick.

Note:
If landing a toy drone like a mini, you will use your thumb and index finger to grab and your fore finger to support vs your hand to catch.
If drone is slightly fighting the wind to hover in front of you use extra caution. For toy drones consider a backup landing location.
If drone is agressively fighting the wind to hover in front of you, consider a backup landing location.

The first time will be scarry. By the 5th time you will be a pro and have little to no fear. The most important thing to remember is not to extend your hand until after you pull the stick down and drone begins to land!

I would suggest that fingers not be used until the props stop rotating and land on your flat hand. Twice I have been sliced up by those spinning sharp knives. Once I had grabbed the landing gear (on one side) and the drone rolled over and got my wrist.
I carry a pizza box for just theses events, I store my drone vest in it neatly folded.

Better than “grabbing it” in the air learn to actually land it on your hand.
Many posts/ threads on this and hand catching already. Let’s keep it in a minimum number of places to help members.
Just use the search function of the forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121