DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to identify your Mavic

Tripner

Reactions
First posting. Any suggestions from you all about where best to affix a sticker with phone number and address in case I completely loose my Mavic? Clearly that can happen, and it is equally clear from reading this forum that these marvelous small machines know how to land themselves, and wait patiently for an owner who lost the signal when little Mavic was too far away to RTH.

Enjoy reading what you all are posting, and have learned numerous valuable ideas and tips. Thanks.

Inside the battery compartment, too... But also on the out-sides of the craft, just below the battery. I don't believe that the first thing someone will do is remove the battery. So it might sit for a while before someone figures it out.

Reactions: Rbruz
Email address and cell number on the inside of the front left arm. It's unobtrusive but visible when unfolded without having to know to remove the battery.

I used an Epson label maker with gold ink on transparent tape.

Don't forget, you can also make a folder named REWARD! on the main directory Of the SD Card as another recovery option.
Place all of your info needed because most any one that finds your Bird will eventually find the card, and with even more information to help increase the odds of getting it back. Just FYI.
Make note! , Do not Re Format your SD card using Go 4 before your flight, you will delete your REWARD folder! ;) :D.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tripner
Email address and cell number on the inside of the front left arm. It's unobtrusive but visible when unfolded without having to know to remove the battery.

I used an Epson label maker with gold ink on transparent tape.

I did this. Stated my name and "Reward if found" along with my phone number. Also printed a duplicate decal under the battery. Also have my name battery number printed on each battery.

Reactions: Mavic_Pete
Inside front left arm, SD card folder, all good ideas. Thanks for the help.

these marvelous small machines know how to land themselves, and wait patiently for an owner who lost the signal when little Mavic was too far away to RTH.

Umm, not sure that's true, in fact pretty sure it's not true. Plenty of stories of crashes when RTH initiated and wasn't set well. Crash into a mountain because the height was too low, crash into a river because battery power was too low or head wind was too strong.

I like the gist of your post, but FYI don't assume a Mavic will simply land and wait.

Reactions: Rbruz
I have my cell number on the front side of a rear arm and FAA registration number on the other arm. I got the decals off eBay for $4.

Reactions: Tripner
Like this... If you put it inside the battery compartment some people wont disconnect the battery and look inside if found. I also have my FFA # on one of the arms.

Reactions: Rbruz and Tripner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk