DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to increase range signal strength.

People need to know they are tinkering with infected and or malicious spyware and need to be careful. :) Don't see many success stories do we? I shouldn't have to turn on "AP" mode to disable this from happening. There shouldn't be virus/spyware like software in the equation to begin with. Red flags everywhere.

People need to know they are tinkering with infected and or malicious spyware and need to be careful. :) Don't see many success stories do we? I shouldn't have to turn on "AP" mode to disable this from happening. There shouldn't be virus/spyware like software in the equation to begin with. Red flags everywhere.
I am using now as we speak np great flight watch his vid 3x before doing it step by step even aft installing it ap first then rc

When you do install it right you owe Steven Lawyer an apology he has nothing to gain from this been out for quite awhile. I've used it for 4 months now with no problems I think its great just the push I wanted!

That's great!!! I'm glad it's able to work for some! It's not my job to verify this. I just feel obligated to let people know what happened to me...which there is nothing wrong with me letting people know is there? I'm happy if you follow the steps the software works great for some! I just want people to know to be VERY CAREFUL!

I don't know why you are so defensive about this software....nothing I posted was false....

That's great!!! I'm glad it's able to work for some! It's not my job to verify this. I just feel obligated to let people know what happened to me...which there is nothing wrong with me letting people know is there? I'm happy if you follow the steps the software works great for some! I just want people to know to be VERY CAREFUL!

I don't know why you are so defensive about this software....nothing I posted was false....

Signing off this thread now.

Ciao

I bottled it at 4.5 miles out. Had severe range anxiety lol. Still had full bars in downlink and controller. Root/downgrade to .700/boost plus/ go downgrade and assistant downgrade and configure is quite easy to do. Just take your time. Dont rush it.

Find a good tutorial. Preferably not one by a teenager and you will be good to go.

The other day I saw a YOU TUBE video on how to increase transmitting power from 0.5 Watt to 1.5 Watt for better signal between controller and Mavic. The procedure looked pretty involved. Has anyone tried this yet and what were your results.

the 1.5W mod increases the transmitting power between the mavic controller and the Mavic Antenna.
how much reaches the Mavic aircraft is up to what antenna you have

Yes ive done this along with nfz removal and some other flight performance tweaks. It goes further than you could get back home with the battery. I had 5 or so miles at 1000ft with full bars. Thing is, the further and higher it goes, the more the anxiety kicks in, which sort of spoils the enjoyment of flying.
the 1.5W mod increases the transmitting power between the mavic controller and the Mavic Antenna.
how much reaches the Mavic aircraft is up to what antenna you have

Reactions: MavicFT1P
It's worth noting, The stock controller at CE mode will go further out and in than your battery can.
it all depends where you fly from.

I wish people wow'ed by 1.5w would elaborate where they get these huge improvements.
In the city, with congestion, it makes about 100m difference.
Instead of buying that unessacery SC, maybe buy a booster already.

gotta..try..not be so.ughh..>_<<..cynicalLl...And There: =) *gives him a like*

Last edited:
It increases both up and downlink. I tested it on a scope. Any ghz signal will be reduced in built up areas with high wifi interference. Why would you want to fly in a built up area anyway. Thought that stuff was frowned upon.
Yes ive done this along with nfz removal and some other flight performance tweaks. It goes further than you could get back home with the battery. I had 5 or so miles at 1000ft with full bars. Thing is, the further and higher it goes, the more the anxiety kicks in, which sort of spoils the enjoyment of flying.

It increases both up and downlink. I tested it on a scope. Any ghz signal will be reduced in built up areas with high wifi interference. Why would you want to fly in a built up area anyway. Thought that stuff was frowned upon.
let me check frownedupon.org, bbs
Im guessing flying 'high' and out of VLOS will be listed there, but you meant 120m 'high' right ;)

First ting i did was to remove restrictions. We bought the thing, can do what we want with it. If you aren't living on the edge, your talking up too much room.
let me check frownedupon.org, bbs
Im guessing flying 'high' and out of VLOS will be listed there, but you meant 120m 'high' right ;)

First ting i did was to remove restrictions. We bought the thing, can do what we want with it. If you aren't living on the edge, your talking up too much room.
yeh ok, im gonna stop talking to you now.
Disable NFZ's is breaking the rules. Your living on the edge now?
i thought you were gettting 'Anxiety" whilst flying ruining the experience.

Your a felllow flyer and member here so im going to disengage from this conversation
as its going nowhere. *enjoy your' like' :)

There are some instances locally to me where dji nfz is crazy. I live in one of their nfz locations thats only live for 2 weeks of the year. I like to push the limits of my stuff. Range anxiety is a thing for me yes, but nice to know if i need extra range its there.

I have my ppl licence here as ive said in other threads. Vfr only. Ive cloud surfed, as every other pilot i know has. Illegal.
Ive also broken the law by speeding in my car and not filing my tax return on time.
You must be fun to know.
My pilots licence to loose, my car licence to loose, my late tax return fine, my drone.
yeh ok, im gonna stop talking to you now.
Disable NFZ's is breaking the rules. Your living on the edge now?
i thought you were gettting 'Anxiety" whilst flying ruining the experience.

Your a felllow flyer and member here so im going to disengage from this conversation
as its going nowhere. *enjoy your' like' :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis