DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to know if you are in FCC or EC mode

I’ve only ever been able to see 10 ch here in Australia. After doing the fake GPS though I seem to get better range.

That is a 6dB increase over an already small amount of power. It's like going from one drop of water to 4 drops.

Let me put this in context, I can use my Ham Radio gear and can talk to someone 3000 miles away on 1500 Watts of power and get a signal report of S9. I can then lower the power to 100 Watts and he will typically report back an S6. That extra 1400 Watts is not making a whole lot of difference in most circumstances. I have tried 5 watts of power and the guy can still hear me just fine. The reason is the huge Antenna that I have on my property. You would be surprised at how little effect increased power can have versus a better antenna system. Just orientating the RC Antenna properly can make a huge difference and if you use external antenna systems you can make EU power levels exceed the distance obtained with FCC power levels.

Rob

Being a Ham and knowing all about QRP I find your analogy alarming! 6dB is 6dB and its a lot!
I have qsl'd over 1000 k's on 2 mtrs in tropospheric ducting.....moon bounced on 160 mtrs... 6dB...!!!

Reactions: Thwyllo
Reading the posts I understand that many users don't know that Mavic air and Mavic pro have different communication systems.

Reactions: Davros007
Being a Ham and knowing all about QRP I find your analogy alarming! 6dB is 6dB and its a lot!
I have qsl'd over 1000 k's on 2 mtrs in tropospheric ducting.....moon bounced on 160 mtrs... 6dB...!!!

Your a Ham Radio operator and yet you use a broad statement to say that 6dB is a lot amazes me! You should know as an operator that going from 1mw to 4mw is a 6dB gain! Would you consider 3mw of power gain "a lot"??. I find it alarming that first and foremost as a Ham operator you do not know that the Antenna is everything. Secondly we are dealing with dBm in the mavic specifications which means we are going from 100mw to 400mw in the FCC mode. This is an insignificant power change in the real world.

Lastly let me call you straight out and say that your statements of achievement are absolute rubbish. You Moon bounced on 160M! Well sir if you did that you should be in the Guinness book of world records since I think few Ham operators have ever achieved it on even 50 MHz much less 1.8 Mhz. Moon Bounces are done on 2M or 144-148Mhz and above. Your 160M beam antenna must have been the size of an Amazon Warehouse. Even if that was possible the signal at that frequency probably could not achieve a moon bounce.

Here is a 160M beam Antenna which is what you would need, plus a several thousand Watts of power to even make an attempt.
662_logo_news_OH8Xsaut.jpg

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: GolPesar and novi81
With FCC I see eleven Channels, I'm in Europe, normally in CE I see 13. Using floater.

is ther anyway we can see this when we do put those files on airdata? no code or anything like that regarding FCC boost?

We can agree to disagree Rob, and I do not know why I wrote 160 mtrs??? Its the other way... 23cm..

Is anybody out there who can explain how to patch the iOS Version to FCC - i fond this on howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]
but i don´t know how to do this

Download your config file from one of the options below
Rename the file to .DJI.configs (note the preceding “.”)
Kill the DJI GO 4 app on your apple device
Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod to your PC and open itunes
In iTunes, click your apple device, go to apps, scroll to the bottom and find DJI GO 4
Add the file in itunes to DJI GO 4 and click Sync/Apply

The bold part is the biggest part for me i did not understand - how can i do this? There is only a DJI......ipa file. No folder where i can put the config inside?!?!

Please can anybody give some explanation to me - Thank you very much.

OK forget it - figured it out "by myself" ->
:D

Last edited:
Is anybody out there who can explain how to patch the iOS Version to FCC - i fond this on howto:dji_configs [dji.retroroms.info]
but i don´t know how to do this

The bold part is the biggest part for me i did not understand - how can i do this? There is only a DJI......ipa file. No folder where i can put the config inside?!?!

Please can anybody give some explanation to me - Thank you very much.

OK forget it - figured it out "by myself" ->
:D
Well, that was a waste of a posting!

Guys, am I in FCC mode?
iPad 11.3.1, Electra Jailbreak, AkLocationX set to US

Attachments

• 0328B288-F67F-46A8-A3EE-38DEDB7CF43F.png
    0328B288-F67F-46A8-A3EE-38DEDB7CF43F.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 297
It’s way more easy, and obvious than that. If you’re in CE mode, you’ll get 13 channels on the 2.4 band. If your in FCC mode, you’ll only get 11

Not if you use a device with Occusync. Thats only for the lower range wifi devices.

Reactions: Davros007
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22