DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to load Mavic batteries in the mountains?

martinhgps

Reactions
Hello everyone, I intend to go 3 or more days to the mountains in tent where there is no outlet. How would you recharge Mavic batteries without using a solar charger that is annoying, heavy and also slow? Any ideas? Thank you very much!

Buy (or get from friends) more batteries or get a large battery pack that could generate 12V on cigarette lighter connector and use car adapter for Mavic charger.
In term of weight, having more MP batteries would be more efficient.
My 2 cents.

Depending on how many recharges you'll need, a portable charging station like the Smatree Charging Station might be a good option. It can recharge up to 5 Mavic Pro batteries.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: martinhgps
Buy (or get from friends) more batteries or get a large battery pack that could generate 12V on cigarette lighter connector and use car adapter for Mavic charger.
In term of weight, having more MP batteries would be more efficient.
My 2 cents.

Thank you Dronason!

Depending on how many recharges you'll need, a portable charging station like the Smatree Charging Station might be a good option. It can recharge up to 5 Mavic Pro batteries.

View attachment 41235
This one is really high energy (185 Wh) and nice for Mavic but it is hard to carry in airplane as too high energy (> 100 Wh) or just to be shipped by air.

This one is really high energy (185 Wh) and nice for Mavic but it is hard to carry in airplane as too high energy (> 100 Wh) or just to be shipped by air.
At 4.5 lb you could carry a lot of mavic batteries instead.

If I didn't have enough Mavic batteries to cover the trip, and I didn't have a 12V generator, I'd be using a bunch of cheap low C, high mAh rating LiPos hooked to the car charger. Li ion cells like 18650s would likely beat those for cost and energy density, but takes more effort.

If I didn't have enough Mavic batteries to cover the trip, and I didn't have a 12V generator, I'd be using a bunch of cheap low C, high mAh rating LiPos hooked to the car charger. Li ion cells like 18650s would likely beat those for cost and energy density, but takes more effort.
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb